Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: SEO - H1 Tag

Default SEO - H1 Tag

Three questions today.

I am using XARA Web Designer Premium installed March 2019.

1. In the web properties dialog box in pages, do I need to write in HTML code or plain text?

2. Is there an area where I can insert a H1 tag?

3. Does the H1 tag need to be written in plain text or HTML code?

Thank you!
    IP

Default Re: SEO - H1 Tag

1. Plain text in the Page Name and Page Description. Plain text in the Keywords, separated by commas.

2. If you want a word/line of exiting text turning into Headings 1, 2 etc. highlight the text and head up to the toolbar. Find the drop down box called 'Styles' (will probably have 'Normal Text' preselected) and choose your heading. This will alter the font and size though so you'll have to change it back to whatever you had, the heading remains.

3. Is invalid if you go the #2 route.

By all means play, but please come back to check this thread as messing with text styles is my current learning curve...and I'm at the bottom end of the incline at the moment.
    IP

If you pick Heading 1 for text, it renders out as an H1 tag.

You only need to worry about HTML if you are adding code into Placeholders or website/page head or body areas. If used here, you use HTML: <h1>...</h1>.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Thank you Chris M and Acorn!
    IP

Also remember google says that you can have as many H1 tags on a page as you like. They will not effect SEO ranking.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by oemekentbera7 View Post
    Chris M and Acorn, you are the best, thanks. Sorry if I am off-topic here. I am looking for a good firm that provides SEO services for dentists. No, I am not a dumbass. I know what SEO does and how it works. The thing is, I was told that there actually are some very niche-based companies. I opened my dental practice along with the website not long ago. I don't look for cosmic rank ratings; I want to develop the client base. If anyone here can help me, I would be very grateful.
    oemekentbera7, neither am I a "dumbass".

As a Newbie, you know not to use links to non-Xara-designed sites, yet you just did.
    Also, you ask for guidance, yet you supplied a link [removed] to a potential solution that seems to be promoting the type of service that you are us asking after.
    You are bouncing around with different IP addresses that are operating as anonymising Nord VPNs.
    You have declare no Xara products.
    You opened up a quite old Thread.
    If you are a genuine dentist, I would have expected a link to it in in the Thread or your TG Profile.

Here is a freebie offering: https://www.aseops.com for ASEOPS 11 will get you started with the required SEO approach.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP