Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mobile Menu suddenly not working

I don't know if it was an update to Web Designer Premium or what but my mobile menu is not working.

Can someone help me and see what I need to do or just redo it?

https://www.bccsc.net

Thanks,
    Sue

Thumbs down Re: Mobile Menu suddenly not working

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    I don't know if it was an update to Web Designer Premium or what but my mobile menu is not working.
    Can someone help me and see what I need to do or just redo it?
    https://www.bccsc.net
    Thanks, Sue
    Sue, Xara has admitted a problem around the new Separate images for groups.
    It affects NavBars and other exotica.

A fix has been promised...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Mobile Menu suddenly not working

Acorn, thanks for letting me know. And my questions are: So even though it was created in an older version, it's broke now?

And is there anything to do to fix it for now or did they give you a time when it would be fixed?

Now no one can go to the website besides the home page on a mobile device! Yikes!

The menu failure is interesting. I have several sites created in ver 15 and their mobile menus (consolidated) all work as intended. All of the sites have been opened in 16.1 and saved in same with no modifications to their menus. I am curious as to why some sites do not experience the same faltering. Sue, you might just recreate the menus and re-publish so that your visitors are not inconvenienced. The sites I created use a simple font and the mouse-over effect is only the button color. I am curious as to the construction elements of the faltering menus. A diagnostic curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    Sue, you might just recreate the menus and re-publish so that your visitors are not inconvenienced. The sites I created use a simple font and the mouse-over effect is only the button color. I am curious as to the construction elements of the faltering menus. A diagnostic curiosity.
    I did not use a fancy font but I do have a lot of links. Look at the larger version and you can see how many pages it has. I am worried that if I re-do it, it will still not work.

Wondering if I go back to the previous version if that will work okay until they get a fix. Horrible error to be dealing with since so many cruise the internet on smaller devices and now won't be able to navigate anywhere!

Do you still have version 15 installed?

If so republish the website with that version.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Do you still have version 15 installed?

I do have Version 15 and I opened the program and got lots of errors. I didn't publish it as I used the button to view it on line, preview it, and it still didn't work. So I figured that between the error codes and the preview showing me it didn't work still, it wasn't worth trying.

In V15 go to File > Open recent > Backups you will probably get a working file there

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    In V15 go to File > Open recent > Backups you will probably get a working file there
    Great idea! Tried it! Going this route, it did not see the *.web file even though it was there. I dragged it in and the mobile version did not come with it. Any idea how to get the mobile with it? I see that the *.web is there, but all the files are in another folder where the *.web is. Maybe they need to be in the same folder?

Sue

I'm not sure why the variants would not be present, make sure you choose a file that was dated before you downloaded the latest version.