Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Full Screen vs Wide Screen Mode??

Good Saturday Afternoon All,
    I sure would love to know what the difference is between "Full Scree vs Wide Screen" modes? And, whether an already built website with normal screen width can be transformed into "full screen" width or back if I don't like the look of full screen? If full screen spans the full width of the various browsers why use "wide screen"? Just asking. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain to a member still learning lots.

bob

Info Re: Full Screen vs Wide Screen Mode??

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good Saturday Afternoon All,
    I sure would love to know what the difference is between "Full Scree vs Wide Screen" modes? And, whether an already built website with normal screen width can be transformed into "full screen" width or back if I don't like the look of full screen? If full screen spans the full width of the various browsers why use "wide screen"? Just asking. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain to a member still learning lots.
    bob
    bob, "Full Screen" is available for Supersites where you select Scale to Fit Screen; it is not a fit-to-width approach (see below).
    "Wide Screen" is a Variant size, typically 1200px.

Full takes the height into account and so you could end up with a very skinny page display. I use it to good effect for XVGA presentations where I constrain the height to the same on all pages.

It is simple to toggle no and off.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Full Screen vs Wide Screen Mode??

Good evening Mr. Acorn,
    Please accept my thanks for your very quick response. I appreciate that very much sir.

bob

Good evening Mr. Acorn,
    Please accept my thanks for your very quick response. I appreciate that very much sir.
    bob
    bob, Acorn is my handle and I have not been knighted so Acorn alone suffices. Also, you are welcome.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Dear Acorn,
    On my way to church but wanted to get this off to you before I go. I am old school and was taught to respect everyone and any name unless given permission to do differently. Thank you for giving me that permission sir and you have been more than kind.

bob

Dear Acorn,
    On my way to church but wanted to get this off to you before I go. I am old school and was taught to respect everyone and any name unless given permission to do differently. Thank you for giving me that permission sir and you have been more than kind.
    bob
    bob, we are all friends here so handles are not needed.

Acorn