Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    When I'm using the Text Tool there doesn't seem to be an easy way to reposition the text on the page.
    I always forget about the keys.
    dutchim, for reference, there is a toggle between the current Tool and the Select Tool --> Alt+S.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    dutchim, for reference, there is a toggle between the current Tool and the Select Tool --> Alt+S.

Acorn
    Well Thank You Sir Acorn!

anyone remember the fuss there was when that was changed from spacebar [so latter could be used for push a la adobe et al]

any chance we could get rid of double click switches tool [as an option of course]....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Another small request.

Instead of the either/or situation of the Options dialog for setting color units to 0–255 or percentage, how about the Color Editor simply using 0–255 for the RGB color models and percentage for the CMYK sliders?

It's a pita as it is now with the either/or Options control.

Instead of the either/or situation of the Options dialog for setting color units to 0–255 or percentage, how about the Color Editor simply using 0–255 for the RGB color models and percentage for the CMYK sliders?
    Absolutely.

+1
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

makes sense, but useful to keep both for hsv
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    makes sense, but useful to keep both for hsv
    But...it's always one or the other for HSV. The only means of keeping CMYK after using the HSV color model on an object is to revisit the CMYK sliders, alter one value slightly, and then put it back where it was.

Try it. Set an object to a CMYK color using the CMYK sliders. Export to PDF and use the Native color model for the output. Check in Acrobat using the Output Preview panel. Switch to CMYK in the "Show" drop down. It should still display that object. Back to your Xara application, pull up the Color Editor (if not still on-screen) and switch to HSV. Alter the color slightly. Use the same export process and you will see that if one uses the Show: CMYK, your object is now not displaying.

HSV will always export as RGB if using the Native option in the PDF output because it is, be definition, an RGB model.

ok I see what you are saying there for CMYK and agree it sounds like it is a pain

what I was responding to was:
    simply using 0–255 for the RGB color models
    as long as that does not mean losing the ability enter and work with % values in HSV I have no issue
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ok I see what you are saying there for CMYK and agree it sounds like it is a pain

what I was responding to was:

as long as that does not mean losing the ability enter and work with % values in HSV I have no issue
    I *think* that behind the scenes, all the RGB models, of which HSV is, they are all 0–255. As long as Xara doesn't change any of the input methods (i.e., the present input screens in the Color Editor) then nothing else should change...excepting the CMYK input values.

Programatically, it's not a difficult thing to do if someone chooses CMYK from the drop down to simply change the user unit to 0–100 as if it were done in the Options. And then back to 0–255 when the color model changes to any of the others.