Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

The Help file is a useful starting place. I suggest you then start practicing on a template website and start changing things to see how it works. In my experience, there's only one way to learn about Styles and that's through direct experimentation. But once you master it, it's very easy to maintain or modify your website.

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

Thanks guys, I'm just taking a look through it all now. Should probably have asked on Monday morning instead of Friday so I can respond much better to each request lol

Hello Rob--is this one limited to web stuff?
    Nope, no limits on this one. Could be any part of the program you wish.

Please keep in mind the main request of small, easy to do changes that we can squeeze into the patches and any examples / explanations of changes would be awesome.

Thanks
    Rob

Lightbulb Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm just taking a look through it all now. Should probably have asked on Monday morning instead of Friday so I can respond much better to each request lol

Please keep in mind the main request of small, easy to do changes that we can squeeze into the patches and any examples / explanations of changes would be awesome.
    Thanks Rob
    To display the angle of skew or rotation of a Shape or new Group: All Shapes - Angle Display.xar.
    File shows rotation and horizontal skew. I was lazy and didn't add the vertical skew!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post

Thanks
    Rob
    Don't think it gets any smaller or easier than my, and other's, longstanding request.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Maybe a Selected Object Properties Panel?

Any attributes I have assigned to an object... may it be the fill, transparency,, shadow etc... easily accessed without having to go into the specific tool to change it again.
    I've been thinking about this and here's my interpretation of your idea. I'm sure other experienced users can enhance it further (or sensibly pooh-pooh it!).

Apart from (1) the additional icon for Smart transform, which I really shouldn't be hidden away as a right click option, and (2) ensuring all SmartShape / QuickShape options always have the option to enter their adjustment values

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	idea-for-properties-panel.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	123691
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    I've been thinking about this and here's my interpretation of your idea. I'm sure other experienced users can enhance it further (or sensibly pooh-pooh it!).

Apart from (1) the additional icon for Smart transform, which I really shouldn't be hidden away as a right click option, and (2) ensuring all SmartShape / QuickShape options always have the option to enter their adjustment values

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	idea-for-properties-panel.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	123691
    Jono, it gets my vote (+10).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Awesome Jono... +10 as well!

Just not sure if this falls under the 'Small Improvements' category?

Yes, great suggestion, especially if it includes a dedicated button on the menu bar!

Ok so there's a lot to go through am I'm still going through it all so don't worry if what you have mentioned isn't below, it just means I haven't gotten to it yet I'll give some comments on some suggestions already:

please push the file name into the export box for whatever type of export--but just PDFs
    Should be doable I imagine.

A lot of what you said Gary is....well quite big stuff There's a lot of good requests however I fear they would be lost here. Ideally I'm looking for small tweaks that would help with workflow that are easy to do, like what Mike has suggested above.

Sticky option for Content Catalog so the user can import several objects at one time
    You can hold Shift while clicking import to keep the CC open after

wheras xara's non-destructive bitmap editing is all well and good, many times it is necessary to 'fix' a bitmap first by making a bitmap copy [eg in order to trace] - a one-click internal copy function would be nice, such as is available for export
    I thought there was a right-click > create bitmap copy option?

Resizing text in variants. I spend more time checking between the variants than actually making them look how I want them. I then have to 'Stop Sharing With Variants' which kind of defeats the whole idea.
    We have an article here on how to resize text in one variant only: https://help.xara.com/article/154-li...cross-variants. Text across variants is annoying though I know and may fall under the web stuff we're looking at to improve.

Have the flip vertical and horizontal buttons always available. Or let me at least add it to my custom toolbar.
    There does seem to be a running theme of having access to options in this thread without having to switch tools constantly, and in which case the panel that Jonopen very nicely drew up would make sense, but that would be a huge undertaking and I would struggle to get any sort of approval for something like that. No harm in trying I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-XAR
    I thought there was a right-click > create bitmap copy option?
    that opens the dialog box Rob.. the idea is that you could just use [pre-defined] default settings without the dialog box, in the way that the Export JPEG, Export PNG in the file menu do... with the added advantage that you wouldn't even need the 'choose a name' step because the program does that automatically for bitmap copies - truely a one click operation
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...