Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    What to do is add the code as CSS? and that give a class name to each shape requiring the fancy shadows.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn. When I saw your earlier post, I was intrigued. The possibility of adding your own CSS code to affect the attributes generated by Xara sounds very powerful.

My programming skills are not bad, but my website designing skills are restricted to what I can do with Xara. Iíve figured out a few tricks and hacks to get it to do some things that arenít obvious, but whenever Iíve started investigating programming (HTML, CSS, etc.), I havenít gotten very far.

In pursuit of your suggestion, I attempted using Placeholders and even inserting code directly into the html file, but I had no luck. I did a search and found an article on the Xara website advising that editing the CSS is of no value when using Web Designer because of the way the software is set up. You obviously have a different opinion. Do you happen to have a link that would explain how to go about adding code?

Thanks

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    Hi Acorn. When I saw your earlier post, I was intrigued. The possibility of adding your own CSS code to affect the attributes generated by Xara sounds very powerful.
    My programming skills are not bad, but my website designing skills are restricted to what I can do with Xara. I’ve figured out a few tricks and hacks to get it to do some things that aren’t obvious, but whenever I’ve started investigating programming (HTML, CSS, etc.), I haven’t gotten very far.
    In pursuit of your suggestion, I attempted using Placeholders and even inserting code directly into the html file, but I had no luck. I did a search and found an article on the Xara website advising that editing the CSS is of no value when using Web Designer because of the way the software is set up. You obviously have a different opinion. Do you happen to have a link that would explain how to go about adding code?
    Thanks
    There is a lot of power in using xara Placeholders. This link, https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ing-calculator, is an example of how you can leverage others' efforts into useful constructs. Note the need for <script> <style> wrappers. If it is to show on the page, it goes in the Code body. If it is calculations and effects, usually Code Head. Xara Names equate to IDs. Name of htmlclass="fred" adds class Fred to object(s).

There are a number of other Threads/Posts here: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Atal...eholder&ia=web that might assist you.

Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

Fantastic, Acorn. Much appreciated. I look forward to reading up on it.