Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    This is already possible. CTRL-K clones the selected object. You can even put a "clone" button on the toolbar if you like.
    sorry, but that does not 'fix' the bitmap

lets say you have an intersected bitmap [ctrl+3] - you want a bitmap trace for example, the tracer will operate on the un-intersected bitmap original, not the intersected bitmap which is a 'clipped photo' object; you need to make a 'bitmap copy' object [ctrl+shift+c] in order to be able to trace only the intersected bitmap

a clone is the same operation as ctrl+c/ctrl+shift+v - what you get is still the intersected 'clipped photo' object, rather than a new bitmap
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

From my thread „My expieriences to set a book with XDP v16“
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post

My wishes to Xara are to really talk about DTP:
    1. performance of the text engine
    2. colour management
    3. real grayscale and CMYK for images (colour management)
    4. Mastersites
    5. real left-right side
    6. linking images
    7. more options when creating a table of contents – i.e. glyph fill for tabs, no links for print
    8. layout grid management
    9. more functions for text styles – keyboard shortcuts, paragraph settings, better Widow And Orphan settings
    10. List properties – more flexibility for user glyphs not only the clipboard thing
    11. tables – real tables with the option to split them and have on the new site the same heading (on/off), import from exel, opnenoffice, cvs
    12. Text repelling – not only on h + v side, better individual on each side t+b+h+v
    and so on, and so on …