Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    dutchim wrote:

Xara was one of the first graphics companies to introduce a context-sensitive menu that they call the Infobar. Today most applications have this. But the who point of the Infobar is to offer options for the currently selected tool. So when the flip icons are not available it is usually because with the current tool or operation, there is nothing to flip.
    Lets say I'm in the Smart Shape tool and I want the shape to flip... I have to go to the Select Tool... Flip... And go back to the Smart Shape Tool.

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    This is already possible. CTRL-K clones the selected object. You can even put a "clone" button on the toolbar if you like.
    sorry, but that does not 'fix' the bitmap

lets say you have an intersected bitmap [ctrl+3] - you want a bitmap trace for example, the tracer will operate on the un-intersected bitmap original, not the intersected bitmap which is a 'clipped photo' object; you need to make a 'bitmap copy' object [ctrl+shift+c] in order to be able to trace only the intersected bitmap

a clone is the same operation as ctrl+c/ctrl+shift+v - what you get is still the intersected 'clipped photo' object, rather than a new bitmap
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

From my thread „My expieriences to set a book with XDP v16“
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post

My wishes to Xara are to really talk about DTP:
    1. performance of the text engine
    2. colour management
    3. real grayscale and CMYK for images (colour management)
    4. Mastersites
    5. real left-right side
    6. linking images
    7. more options when creating a table of contents – i.e. glyph fill for tabs, no links for print
    8. layout grid management
    9. more functions for text styles – keyboard shortcuts, paragraph settings, better Widow And Orphan settings
    10. List properties – more flexibility for user glyphs not only the clipboard thing
    11. tables – real tables with the option to split them and have on the new site the same heading (on/off), import from exel, opnenoffice, cvs
    12. Text repelling – not only on h + v side, better individual on each side t+b+h+v
    and so on, and so on …

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Lets say I'm in the Smart Shape tool and I want the shape to flip... I have to go to the Select Tool... Flip... And go back to the Smart Shape Tool.
    I would like to Flip Text within the Text tool.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

1. The skew angle of horizontally and vertically skewed objects should be displayed and changeable in the info bar.
    It's now only horizontally displayed and will reset to 0 after a change. If I set it to 22° it should show 22°.
    2. The rotation angle of a rotated object should be displayed in the info bar. It normally reset to 0 after a change.
    If I set it to 45° it should show 45°.
    3. After changing the skew angle of a smart-objekt, the side-handles of the shape are no longer displayed and changes
    can only made in the info bar (only hotizontally).
    Workaround: If I deactivate the "Smart Tranform" option then the side-handles will show.
    4. Not all brush profiles are printed. This bug was fixed once before a few years ago.
    Workaround: Choose to print as a bitmap in the printer settings.
    5. I want to change / display the size of rounded corners (rectangle, quickshape) in units (changed in any unit and
    displayed in current unit).
    6. I want to insert the "number of pages" to set up a pagecouter like "Side 1 from 10".
    7. Multiobjekt tools like "Multi-rotation-tool" and "Multi-scale-tool"
    8. Relicate-tool (copy the selected objekt horizontally an vertically like a labels sheet).
    9. Standard vector-fill (like the Hatch-Pro-Tool from ArtWorks).

Werner

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Resizing text in variants. I spend more time checking between the variants than actually making them look how I want them. I then have to 'Stop Sharing With Variants' which kind of defeats the whole idea.
    Perhaps I misunderstand you but are you using 'Styles'? If so, you don't have to go back and forth.

Maybe a Selected Object Properties Panel?

Any attributes I have assigned to an object... may it be the fill, transparency,, shadow etc... easily accessed without having to go into the specific tool to change it again.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Maybe a Selected Object Properties Panel?
    Any attributes I have assigned to an object... may it be the fill, transparency,, shadow etc... easily accessed without having to go into the specific tool to change it again.
    +1
    I suggested similar in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...948#post606948.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Allowing rotated text to be CSS-transformed. Xara renders such as bitmaps that are so clumsy.

For example, I use a htmlclass="FlipH" and a style: "transform: scale(-1, 1);" to achieve this.

Needs to also work for other angles - " transform: rotate(12deg);".

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Perhaps I misunderstand you but are you using 'Styles'? If so, you don't have to go back and forth.
    No I'm not. I am woefully ignorant of manipulating text in general and have no clue as to styles and what they are/do.

I'll do some playing/learning and start a new thread to fill in any blanks. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Boy.