Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Can I switch between website pixels without rebuilding from scratch?

Hello XARA Pros!! I am using XARA Web Designer Premium. If I create a website in 960 Pixels (XGA) within the builder program and then I don't like the way it looks when I publish it live on the Internet, can I go back into the building program and change it to 760 px (SVGA) or 640 px (VGA) with just a couple of clicks or do I have to rebuild it from scratch?

I'm presently building in 960 px (XGA)

Thank you!

Default Re: Can I switch between website pixels without rebuilding from scratch?

Absolutely fine to switch sizes and then overwrite the existing files when you upload. However, you will have to edit the existing objects in your Xara workspace to fit your new size (move, shrink etc.)

Default Re: Can I switch between website pixels without rebuilding from scratch?

Do you think I'm okay by using webpage design 960px for all users?

Not if you want to cover desktop and mobile. Check out the videos under the Help menu and YouTube on how to create Mobile Variants. 960 and 480 are the safe go to sizes.

Just be careful when resizing text, I always get myself into trouble when reorganising text in variants

I'm using a responsive website design. You think that should cover tablets and cell phones?

Ah, now you're on your own. I've never used any of the templates so I'm clueless.

You should be able to resize your browser window and see the effect in preview mode to show you how it looks.