Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Paypal widget and I phone

Hello, the next issue Ive discovered is Paypal links not working if using an I-phone. Ive had several customers e-mail to say the links dont work, when they are fine on a laptop but not when using an I phone. I had the same issue with my previous website on Serif Web Plus, and one of the main reasons of changing to Xara was thinking it would fix the I phone issue. But it doesnt appear to have changed.

Anyone else had a problem with Paypal buttons not working from an I-phone?

Could it be because currently my site isnt mobile friendly? I am having trouble making the pages smaller to fit the mobile size, especially the paypal buttons.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Paypal widget and I phone

Can you give a link to your site for others to check. If possible your Xara file may be of help if you can post it on here.

Ray

The home page link is: www.impactvideos.co.uk

Im having trouble re sizing the mobile friendly paypal buttons too. I may need to make the mobile version have more pages or less info, but Ive only converted a few pages so far. Im starting to wonder if a wordpress e-commerce site may be a better option rather than just some tables with a paypal link in them.

I don't see any PayPal icons on my iPhone in Safari. That said, I don't see a lot because everything including your menu, is too small.

I strongly suggest that you make your buttons, text, and images larger and simplifying the content. A smartphone is not a tablet and it is not a desktop.

The attached screen shot is about actual size on my iPhone.

I know this is a lot of extra work but in the end the effort will product a better mobile experience for your audience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	123632  

Thanks for the info, I basically just squashed everything down from the main site to fit a mobile size but it didnt really work. Ive taken the mobile version off now and just zoom in on my phone to see things at a bigger size. My android phone picks the Paypal links up fine, and takes me to the 'shopping cart' on paypal, but apparently the paypal links dont work from an I-phone.

This is a direct page with some paypal links on if anyone has any idea why they dont seem to work on an I-phone
    Thanks

http://www.impactvideos.co.uk/kings%20lynn%202019.htm

I have discovered the I-phone issue requires the first line of code to be changed slightly in the Paypal button.

How do you view & edit the code when using the Paypal widget in Xara? I cant seem to work out how to access it. It wont let me change any of the code lines in Paypal site, but it needs the first bit 'target paypal' to be deleted from the button code.

How do you do that in Xara?

Thanks

Info Re: Paypal widget and I phone

Quote Originally Posted by impact400 View Post
    I have discovered the I-phone issue requires the first line of code to be changed slightly in the Paypal button.
    How do you view & edit the code when using the Paypal widget in Xara? I cant seem to work out how to access it. It wont let me change any of the code lines in Paypal site, but it needs the first bit 'target paypal' to be deleted from the button code.
    How do you do that in Xara?
    Thanks
    The code is in the Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML code (body) for the button.
    Just delete 'target="paypal"' and press the OK button twice.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Cool thanks for that. Will give it a try later