Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default HELP autoinstall of XaraPro 16.1.0.56164 has corrupted all Xara versions on my PC

Running Windows10
    I have XaraDesignerPro X, X15, and X16 installed.

Now any selected objects are displayed only in UNITS of POINTS.
    The same goes when drawing Rectangles, Circles, and Star Quick Shapes.
    The ruler displays points too. I can go into the Grid and Ruler tab of Options and change the unit to inches which does result in inch tick-marks displayed on the rulers;however, the next time I go to Options, Grind and Ruler, it has reverted back to PT.

I verified in the Units tab of Options, Page is set to inches.
    If I manually change the units in the Info Bar for any select object to inch (in) it doesn't work. The units always revert to Points (pt).

I did download version 16.1.0.56164 and manually reinstalled it over the existing installation. NO LUCK!

What the heck is going on? I need to do work within the next few days.

Default Re: HELP autoinstall of XaraPro 16.1.0.56164 has corrupted all Xara versions on my PC

Check this as a possible fix: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...701#post550701.
    It relates to your machine regional settings.

Do also run v16.1 once as Administrator; it might be a library is not fully registered.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: HELP autoinstall of XaraPro 16.1.0.56164 has corrupted all Xara versions on my PC

I did both of the two suggestions. It was IT WORKED!
    The number of digits was at 0 (zero); I changed it to 3.

Thank you so much.

If you are ever plan on being in the Portland, Oregon USA area, let me know. I'm buying you dinner!

Or you could contact Acorn next time you are in the UK, John and stand him a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Or you could contact Acorn next time you are in the UK, John and stand him a pint.
    I can always add "Portland, Oregon USA" to my Bucket List - my beer in a bucket one, that is.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I can always add "Portland, Oregon USA" to my Bucket List - my beer in a bucket one, that is.

Acorn

Not such a sauce.
    If you guys ever come by my house, there's only real Bavarian beer.
    You're welcome.

I hope I see you soon.