Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Just Released: An update to Xara Photo & Graphic Designer

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    @handdrawn We appreciate your long, dedicated support, just as we appreciate the support from Magix. It has been a practice of both Xara and Magix to offer discounts and/or software bundles for desktop products both on new purchases and upgrades. I'm sure everyone has taken advantage of the ones that are attractive to them. But suggesting that we and/or Magix do it in a 'sleazy or desperate' fashion is absolute nonsense. I will not tolerate you or anyone on this TG forum to hurl insults to the honest, hard-working employees of both Xara and Magix. If you (or anyone) wants to actually have a meaningful conversion about Xara and our products, then you know how to reach me.

Matt
    CEO of Xara
    matt@xara.com
    Matt,

I NEVER MEANT TO IMPLY anything about Magix or Xara employees as individuals.

My refernece to sleazy is strickly applied to my view of Magix marketing practice of bundling questionable value products (with ridiclous inflated values) with the real product to presend some outragous savings. I am buying the Xara product. My view applies to Magix marketing as it does to other companies that use the same tactics. I am a long time user of multiple titles from both Xara and Magix that I am very satisfied with and recommend frequently.

I regret any missunderstanding that the comments were directed at any person. But it does not change my view of the marketing practice.

thanks,
    eric

Default Re: Just Released: An update to Xara Photo & Graphic Designer

Quite right

I too am not talking about individuals here, never have.. people like Rob-Xar, and PHilM for example have ever been more than helpful

But the company will be seen in the light of what it does and how it is done, and Onlye has put it very well

Marketing by saying you are saving a lot as a result of been given free something you didn't ask for [and may have no use for] may be a thing you are proud of; I wouldn't be...

BTW nice to see you here...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...