Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just Released: An update to Xara Photo & Graphic Designer

We’ve just released an update to Xara Photo & Graphic Designer. The highlights are similar to those mentioned in the Designer Pro announcement, including enhanced tables and Open Type support, some new and more flexible photo and text panels, and some new types of SmartShapes such as photo frames and ‘smart’ labeled lines. You can find a summary of these and other new features on our website @ https://www.xara.com/photo-graphic-designer/whats-new/ and full details in the Release Notes @ http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/pho...c-designer-16/

If you have an active Update Service and you’re running v16.0 then you should shortly see 16.1 offered as an auto-update. If you’re still on v15 then you will need to re-download Photo & Graphic Designer from https://www.xara.com/photo-graphic-designer/download/.

If your Update Service has expired then you can renew your Update Service / upgrade in order to get this and other updates since your version (go to the Photo & Graphic Designer page on magix.com and click Upgrade). Fyi in addition to the Open Type and table support mentioned above, in the last year we’ve also added text flow inside shapes (all 3 were top requests in the last TG poll), plus there have been some things that you didn’t request but we hope you’ll discover their great value - such as the ‘get color from photo’ feature, auto-fitting text and auto-resizing documents. To recap on what’s new, or if you think you’ve missed some of the releases, you can find a summary for v16 on the What’s New page mentioned above, or older updates @ https://www.xara.com/photo-graphic-d...ats-new/older/. We’ve also got a demo of some of the 16.0 features at http://previews.xara.hosting/ColorPalette/.

I hope you enjoy the new version!

Kate Moir, Xara

Default Re: Just Released: An update to Xara Photo & Graphic Designer

Many thanks, Kate!

Thank you Kate! I hope I didn't goof up because thought I bought the program, but what I really did was extend my trial version, I think. If I had a brain anymore I'd be dangerous, well come to think of it I do have one it just doean't function so well these days, but I try.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Kate. The pdf is updated and the wacom pen issue hitting the new layers page seems to have remained. It is only that button the once hit creates millions of layers. I am sure you can find threads on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    We’ve just released an update to Xara Photo & Graphic Designer. The highlights are similar to those mentioned in the Designer Pro announcement, including enhanced tables and Open Type support, some new and more flexible photo and text panels, and some new types of SmartShapes such as photo frames and ‘smart’ labeled lines. You can find a summary of these and other new features on our website @ https://www.xara.com/photo-graphic-designer/whats-new/ and full details in the Release Notes @ http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/pho...c-designer-16/

I hope you enjoy the new version!

Kate Moir, Xara
    Amazing that the "upgrade" regular price for P&G is 50% higher than the "new" regular price. This ridiculous pricing approach from Magix really makes you wonder about keeping the subscription service. It is really sad that shady (dishonest) marketing is the order of the day and evidently what it takes to sell to consumers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magix_new_vs_upgrade.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	124151

Thank you, end of rant.

I think you'll find that the price includes the retail price all the extra's that you get with the upgrade.

The new and upgrade packages both come with Panorama Studio, but the upgrade also includes PC Check Tuning 2019 which increases the regular retail price.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I think you'll find that the price includes the retail price all the extra's that you get with the upgrade.

... but the upgrade also includes PC Check Tuning 2019 which increases the regular retail price.
    Just reinforces my point. I have had to say NO to the installations trying to install PC Check Tuning for years. It is a worthless add on used to make ridiclous savings claims. Sleazy marketing.

magix are just offloading stuff they cant sell in the hope you may pay to update it later..
    sleazy or desperate...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    magix are just offloading stuff they cant sell in the hope you may pay to update it later..
    sleazy or desperate...
    @handdrawn We appreciate your long, dedicated support, just as we appreciate the support from Magix. It has been a practice of both Xara and Magix to offer discounts and/or software bundles for desktop products both on new purchases and upgrades. I'm sure everyone has taken advantage of the ones that are attractive to them. But suggesting that we and/or Magix do it in a 'sleazy or desperate' fashion is absolute nonsense. I will not tolerate you or anyone on this TG forum to hurl insults to the honest, hard-working employees of both Xara and Magix. If you (or anyone) wants to actually have a meaningful conversion about Xara and our products, then you know how to reach me.

Matt
    CEO of Xara
    matt@xara.com

From the CEO of Xara.