Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug v16.1-Table Data Import

Dear Xara...

Exercising the Smart Table Data TSV Import with real data, I get an error:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-03-14 17.17.24.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	123645 then Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-03-14 17.18.51.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	123646

There were 13 columns and I only managed 80 rows in the end from a file with 510 rows.

In undoing the failure, I then found that my Xara Desktop application would simply vanish if I repeated any import.

A Placeholder alone will only accept 310 rows.

I tried using the table data instead into the older CSV Table Widget, after converting from TSV to CSV, and this handles things well by accepting all the data and then fails by not rendering anything.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined at xaraSwidgets_table1Constructor (table_config1.js:21)
    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (roe.js:1)
    at Function.each (jquery.js:2)
    at e.fn.init.each (jquery.js:2)
    at xr_spapwr (roe.js:1)
    at xr_rx (roe.js:1)
    at xr_bl (roe.js:1)
    at xr_aeh (roe.js:1)
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: v16.1-Table Data Import

Hi Acorn,

Would it be possible to send me the TSV data and let me know what table you are inserting it into so I can replicate?

Thanks
    Rob

Info Re: v16.1-Table Data Import

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    Would it be possible to send me the TSV data and let me know what table you are inserting it into so I can replicate?
    Thanks Rob
    Rob, the data is not sensitive; it is me preparing for HMRC's Making Tax Digital where I will be keeping records of what I submit.

DemoCompany(UK)_XERO_GL_2019_MAR_14.txt

I used Table 09.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat