Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug v16.1 - Misaligned Parallelogram 2

Dear Xara...

I go through your additions and generally find that the existing application can make these already.
    My suggestion would be better examples of how to use the power of the application over digital clipart.

In the case of Paralleogram 2, it hides an unnecessary collection of Smart parallelograms inside a Group so that to Skew, one has to Edit Inside or rely on Smart control to skew as the normal & expected Ctrl+Select cannot work as the middle controls are hidden.

I was genuinely trying to work out the worth of Paralleogram 2 to then find the right shape is misaligned.

Could you at least correct this if you intend to keep it?

v16.1 - Misaligned Parallelgram 2.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: v16.1 - Misaligned Parallelogram 2

Thanks, I've logged this with the developers although It did take a me a little while to see the problem. The simpler and more concise the report the easier it is

Arrow Re: v16.1 - Misaligned Parallelogram 2

Rob, the rightmost shape in the Parallelogram 2 offering is vertically displaced, making the utility of the widget dubious.

^ is concise but does not convey the why.
    The why of what I wanted to do that I described in my design file and the why of the whole concept of a widget that needs to be "understood" before it can be modified.
    [Show selection bound handles needs not to be selected and you then Ctrl+Select one of the shapes versus a simple grouping of three shapes and access to any with Ctrl+Select]

Xara seems to want to remove design from the products and replace with Lego.
    We need to remember the KISS principle.

Thank you for flagging the matter.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It was probably the order, explaining why something was incorrect before saying what the thing was

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    It was probably the order, explaining why something was incorrect before saying what the thing was
    Happy to take that rap.

Acorn