Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem opening Web Designer Premium

Forgive me if this is something that's been addressed previously; I did do a couple of searches but not found a thread with a suitable answer.

My problem has been that in the last few days I've not been able to open any of my existing .web files. Web Designer Premium launches but during the process just hangs at 99%. I'm not able to go any further. I then click in the program main window and Windows throws up the "Close program / Wait for response" dialog box. I close the program. I then try again and I may actually get as far as the "Tip of the day" dialog box, but after I click 'close', the same thing happens. Nothing. The progress bar shows 99%.

I'm wondering whether to just re-install WD but I'm not using the latest version and I've not renewed/upgraded to the latest version so not sure if re-installing would wipe the various components/pages I've also downloaded since purchasing WD?
    (Note: I purchased the program in June 2017 (XWD Premium 12, 64-bit, plus backup CD), expired in June 2018, but the program has fulfilled my needs up to now. I had intended to eventually upgrade to the latest version but am not sure now given my current problems. I've also downloaded).

Happy to give more info if required but any ideas / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Problem opening Web Designer Premium

Basiq, sometimes when Windows itslef is updated, it throws other thing awry.

First off, cold start your machine.
    Second, run your Xara Desktop application as Administrator. This ususally sets things up properly.
    Third, do not re-install until you have contacted Magix if the problem persists. There is no point is fully breaking things if you don't know what was wrong in the first place.

acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Problem opening Web Designer Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Basiq, sometimes when Windows itslef is updated, it throws other thing awry.

First off, cold start your machine.
    Second, run your Xara Desktop application as Administrator. This ususally sets things up properly.
    Third, do not re-install until you have contacted Magix if the problem persists. There is no point is fully breaking things if you don't know what was wrong in the first place.

acorn
    Thanks for your prompt reply, Acorn. I previously tried a cold start but not running the app as Administrator. I'll give that a try and, as you advise, will check with Magix if I still have problems. Thanks again.