Hi, gang. Just heard from this person I'm working with on a t-shirt design. She heard back from the printers who told her the files she uploaded that I sent to her were not "good enough quality". She says she thinks that something is going wrong with my sending the files to her in one format (done on one program) and then her trying to convert the color etc. in AI (Adobe Illustrator).

What I did was export the art (that I rendered in Xara and PS4) to her as an AI file, because she works in Adobe Illustrator (which I don't have). She converted the RBG colors to CMYK using AI and the result looked pretty good IMO, better than they did when I converted them using Xara, but the printer seems to have an issue anyway. She suggests that I upload the files directly to the printers from my end, but I don't see how that would improve the situation. And anyway, I tried converting the RGB colors to CMYK using Xara and they didn't look too good. Her conversion using AI looked much better. BUT she says she can't alter the file I sent to her in AI. Which I don't understand because the file I sent her was in AI format. Yet she can't alter it on her end using AI.

Is this making any sense?

Suggestions would be most welcome. And thanks!