Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skype button

Default Skype button

I had a Skype button on a website but have only just noticed it has disappeared and the link to the widget site doesn't exist. Can anyone tell me how to recreate the skype call button on my webpage? The Designs gallery no longer shows this option. By the way the skype link is for someone else, not me.

Thanks
    Hilary

Default Re: Skype button

Hi Hilary,

We used to have a widget that did the skype buttons but it was old and didn't work anymore so it was removed. I think they have a new generator which you could use to create your skype button and implement into your website:

https://dev.skype.com/webcontrol

I can take a look into possibly having this added as a widget instead. Please let us know if you need any help with implementing it!

Thanks
    Rob

Hi Rob

As you say it doesn't work any more and I'm really struggling with the instructions on the link you gave me, which I have already looked at. I didn't think I was that uncomprehending but somehow I simply can't see how I get a button, any Skype image would do and add the code to it to implement a skype call. Doesn't sound like rocket science but it's doing my head in! I'm obviously being extremely stupid but the first phrase - "Add chat bubble element to your DOM with your Bot ID (also known as Microsoft App ID)" means nothing to me which makes the rest of it a bit tricky...

Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair View Post
    Hi Rob

As you say it doesn't work any more and I'm really struggling with the instructions on the link you gave me, which I have already looked at. I didn't think I was that uncomprehending but somehow I simply can't see how I get a button, any Skype image would do and add the code to it to implement a skype call. Doesn't sound like rocket science but it's doing my head in! I'm obviously being extremely stupid but the first phrase - "Add chat bubble element to your DOM with your Bot ID (also known as Microsoft App ID)" means nothing to me which makes the rest of it a bit tricky...
    I read over the page and it throws me as well. I don't use Skype but I thought there would be something understandable on the page...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

So glad it isn't just me - makes no sense at all... maybe someone can interpret?? I don't use Skype either but a client does unfortunately.

I can drum up an example when I'm back in the office on monday, but it does require a little bit of configuration to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    I can drum up an example when I'm back in the office on monday, but it does require a little bit of configuration to do.
    Do have an enjoyable weekend.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Many thanks Acorn, that would be great. Have a good weekend yourself.

Hilary

Don't suppose you had any luck with this did you? Don't know where else to look.
    Hilary

ah yea sorry got pulled into some other stuff, will take a look at this asap.