Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wanted: Xara Designer Pro X v. 16.0

Hi,

Since the update to Xara Designer Pro X 16.1.0.56164 DL x64 Feb 14 2019 ruined my webpages I would like to go back to version 16.0.
    Can you provide me with a link and instructions on how to do it, so I can make my clients (and myself) happy?

Have a nice day!

/Olle in Sweden
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Default Re: Wanted: Xara Designer Pro X v. 16.0

This is the link for the Xara service center in the US https://www.xara.com/us/servicecenter/

Maybe substitute /se/ for /us/ and see if this gets you to the page.

I am another user who had a website 'messed up' by the 'upgrade'. I would have thought it essential that any upgrades bring improvements, were backwards compatible and were thoroughly checked. This latest upgrade doesn't meet these criteria.

Thanks Gary!

Now I hope to get things back in order, despite attack from kidney stones...

Have a nice day!

/Olle
    Olle Dahlquist
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Yes, at this point, kidney stones are probably preferable to some of the issues we are experiencing with 16.1

Yes, kidney stones are manageable with help from morphine. Xara 16.1 is not...
    I can't understand how they can release such a problematic update, close to Windows 8.
    Now I have unistalled 16.1 and reinstalled 16.0. Things that worked fine in 16.0 gave error messages in 16.1.

Also found the solution to auto play of videos. The function has been removed by Chrome and Firefox and probably IE will follow. So, now I know why it did not work.

All the best!

/Olle
    Olle Dahlquist
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Hi Olle,

I'm just looking into these issues currently being reported, can you let me know what sort of problems you are seeing on your website so I can track them down and log them with our developers?

Many thanks
    Rob

Hi Rob,

Well, I'll make a try.
    I have made a site (jimseido.com) and on the top I created a nav bar. The nav bar consisted of the word "MENU" that I made transparent and then I created the three hamburger-bars.
    After that I filled the nav bar with links to anchors on the site. All worked well in v. 16.0.

After updating to 16.1 I and open the project I noticed that the hamburger menu had vanished. Resulting in the word "MENU", but without the bars. The menu did not work when previewed so I started asking on the forum for help. It resulted in the answer that I had to select something like group as one image under Web properties - Images. That was a little messy as I had to group, ungroup, check radio button etc to get it to work. But, it didn't - the hamburger menu did not work or show as intended.
    I then created new versions of the hamburger menu and now I made some progress, despite the fact that the text in the drop down menu was centered, not left aligned.
    As the site is made for both PC-monitors and mobiles I noticed that the scroll function disappeared when previewed.
    I also noticed that the little green banner on the site was perfectly exported in v 16.0, but in 16.1 I got this error message that the font was not licensed. Well, I made the text into shapes and it worked fine.

Then there are other problems in all versions trying to have videos playing with auto start, looping and with full screen. But that is another problem.

Ask again if something was not clear.

All the best!

/Olle in Sweden
    Olle Dahlquist
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Hi Olle,

Can you send me your project file so I can take a look into some of these issues you have mentioned further? Easiest way is probably just to attach it to an email and send it directly to me: robert@xara.com

Thanks!
    Rob

Done!
    Olle Dahlquist
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se