Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unable to update to Designer Pro x v16 = error -14

1st post so go easy on me please!

Can't find anything searching on here and my post on Magix Support got the response of join Talkgraphics.

I purchased Designer Pro X on September 19 2018, less than a month before the release of V16.

I've tried upgrading by downloading the new installer but it fails at product activation. Quite happily accepts my serial number P3-xxxx etc and shows a nice big green check mark next to it but when I hit activate it fails with error -14. Doesn't matter which machine I try it on, always the same result.

Looking at my product details on magix.com it shows nothing about update service. Trying to get help on support.magix.com is useless - go thru the charade of explaining the issue and following all suggested resolutions, of which none work, I continue to send an email at which point it tells me to buy a support ticket - ridiculous!

So, hopefully, someone here can point me in the right direction.

TIA
    Aaron

Default Re: Unable to update to Designer Pro x v16 = error -14

Error code -14 means right serial number but wrong product. For example if you enter a Web Designer serial number into Designer Pro.

It might just be you've accidentally downloaded the wrong program for your serial number. If your unsure, you can private message me your serial number and I can look it up for you and give you the download link for it.

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks for the quick reply Rob. Definitely the right number as it works to reinstall v15.

Will PM you in a moment

Thanks
    Aaron

Edit: I'm guessing no PMs next to my name means I can't PM you??

oh right that rule for new users... in which case you can email me the number robert@xara.com

Email sent!

Just posting confirmation here in the hope I get enough posts to be able to PM

cool, I'll reply though that.

Thanks
    Rob