Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb v16.1 - New Features

Dear Xara...

I applaud the effort in creating Recolor and Resize Example v16.xar.
    I had to access the PDF Manual to understand how to enforce the Auto-fit to container aspect but once there I found it simple to apply.
    It is far superior to the Text Inside approach as I can use other objects to repel more intuitively.

It is equally not immediately apparent that one can change the appearance of the Smart Labelled Lines offered.
    Their failures are that they have been developed without curvature to aid the auto-dimensioning of the numeric label.
    The bigger fail is the heads and tails are solid and so incongruous to the line itself.

Another document describing the features of these new lines will greatly assist those who may just dismiss them are a limited gimmick as there is nothing in the PDF Manual.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: v16.1 - New Features

Seems a lot of new features for a small update - Like the text in line feature works well and used it on my site

https://www.johnyoung.co/packages-and-prices.htm

I can suggest improvements to the labelled lines that have art brushes for the heads and tails appearances. The documentation for the new labelled lines is on my list of things to do shortly, hopefully either this or next week should be done.

I'm not sure about the curvatures for labelled lines, I suspect it was one of those things that was far easier said than done to do. I can ask about it.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    I can suggest improvements to the labelled lines that have art brushes for the heads and tails appearances. The documentation for the new labelled lines is on my list of things to do shortly, hopefully either this or next week should be done.
    I'm not sure about the curvatures for labelled lines, I suspect it was one of those things that was far easier said than done to do. I can ask about it.
    Thanks Rob
    Rob, your authoring and mediation efforts are really appreciated.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The developer replied - whilst this functionality (text along a curve) is possible in desktop, it's not currently supported by the smartshape API which the new lines and shapes use. I can suggest it as a wish list item for the future however!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    The developer replied - whilst this functionality (text along a curve) is possible in desktop, it's not currently supported by the smartshape API which the new lines and shapes use. I can suggest it as a wish list item for the future however!
    "Smartshape API". Can we assume this will never be made available to the punters as it is so heavily wedded into the application code?

It is long promised and anticipated so now might be a good time to put it to bed.

Acorn

As far as I'm aware, it's still promised to be released. I know its undergone a considerable number of changes since it was announced and that the documentation is still being worked on, which may be the reason why it's not been made available yet.

My maths isn't great, I had one look at the documentation and all the formulas for a basic shape and couldn't get my head around it. May have to brush off the old calculus books