Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Building A Website That Looks Like This One?

Good Tuesday Evening All,
    This advertisement came to my email and I would love to build a website that looks similar. I am not interested in this product, but really like the look of the website. Here is the website address: www.gettilttv.com
    By the way, I am using [Xara WD Premium 16] I would love to rework or re-build my wife's real estate website to have this kind of look. I sure would appreciate any assistance I can get on this. Thank you so much all

bob

Thumbs up Re: Building A Website That Looks Like This One?

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good Tuesday Evening All,
    This advertisement came to my email and I would love to build a website that looks similar. I am not interested in this product, but really like the look of the website. Here is the website address: www.gettilttv.com
    By the way, I am using [Xara WD Premium 16] I would love to rework or re-build my wife's real estate website to have this kind of look. I sure would appreciate any assistance I can get on this. Thank you so much all
    bob
    bob, I have used Xara terminology so you can look up in the Help file or search TG. You will have to create a number of Variants but focus on the Main site for starters.

Things you need to get to know:
    1. A simple NavBar.
    2. NavBar that is Sticky at Top.
    3. Remove Clip to page edges.
    4. Stretchy Full width.
    5. White background & Pasteboard with No page shadow.
    6. Vertical Accordion (CSS) or Layers for FAQs.
    7. Open (some) links in a new Tab.
    8. Symbols for Bulleted Text.
    9. Buy Now Widget.

Master each one first before even starting on the site. It will be far easier to assist when there is a specific focus/ask.

I hope other TGers will suggest topics but these are mostly what I would cover in a Xara tut.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Building A Website That Looks Like This One?

Mr. Acorn,
    This is a great start and I will work on becoming literate in the areas you suggest here. I love learning to build good looking websites, especially where I can do that for my dear wife. I am sure how I present a request is at the most basic level, however, I love how you and others don't mind educating me. I hope I have sent a message to all here that I love learning even at my age. I never want to stop growing. Thank you so much.

bob