Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Replace color dialog

Replace color dialog for a single object
    1. Create a rectangle, make it green with a yellow outline.
    2. From the color bar drag a color - eg. red - to the rectangle.
      A "Replace color" dialog is displayed, presenting green and yellow.
      When you press "Replace all" - only the fill color is replaced, the outline stays intact. That is wrong.

Replace color dialog for multiple objects
    1. Create a rectangle, make it green with a yellow outline. Create another rectangle, make it purple with cyan outline.
    2. Select both rectangles.
    3. From the color bar drag a color - eg. red - to any of the selected rectangles.
      A "Replace color" dialog is displayed, presenting green, yellow, purple and cyan.
      When you press "Replace all" - only the fills colors are replaced, the outlines stay intact. That is wrong.
    4. Undo the operation, so again you have a green and a purple rectangle.
    5. Select (not drag) a color from the color bar - eg. red.
      A "Replace color" dialog is displayed, presenting green, yellow, purple and cyan.
      When you press "Replace all" - all the colors are replaced (fills and outlines). That is OK.
      However
      - two undo steps are created in this case - the first undo step restores fills colors (so you're left with red outlines on both rectangles); the next undo restores the outline colors. That is... strange.

As a bonus (not related to replace color dialog):
    When you drag the "no color" from the color bar to the page - it becomes transparent. That is OK.
    When you drag the "no color" from the color bar to the page surroundings - it becomes white. That is... wrong?

Xara Designer Pro X 16.0.0.55162

Default Re: Replace color dialog

Yeah, I have this problem too. If I want to replace a multi-color fill and there is an outline, and I just want to replace the fill color, I either have to replace one color at a time, or replace all and then add the outline color again.

Default Re: Replace color dialog

I'm just taking a look into this. I did see a bug report but was supposed to be fixed... I'll let you know.

Thanks
    Rob