Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: JUST RELEASED: An Update to Xara Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    This might sound silly but have you tried restarting your PC? If that doesn't fix it we can run some diagnostic tools and see what is happening in the background.

Thanks
    Rob
    I found the problem. When Xara was updating I did not close out the website that was being worked on. Somehow the update affected that feature. I went to the backup file and opened a previous backup (I setup my backup feature to keep 10 backups) and the link works fine now. If anyone is reading this, the backup feature in Xara is very valuable. It has saved me many, many times, what a great feature. Everyone who creates websites should at least have the feature set for 5 backups. Anyway thank you for responding to my situation. Duane

I have upgraded to the latest version.

Is there a deliberate difference in the way grouped graphics are exported? I have EPS logos in my file, and in the new version they are set to export components as separate graphics, rather than the group as a single graphic. Opening the same file in the older version, the objects are set to export as a group.

This is a real pain, because with a large site, it's going to take me ages to go through every group of graphics, in each variant of my site, and change the export option back to exporting groups as single graphics. Can this change be reverted in the software, or changed at the site level?

Bug Re: JUST RELEASED: An Update to Xara Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by garycwood84 View Post
    I have upgraded to the latest version.

Is there a deliberate difference in the way grouped graphics are exported? I have EPS logos in my file, and in the new version they are set to export components as separate graphics, rather than the group as a single graphic. Opening the same file in the older version, the objects are set to export as a group.

This is a real pain, because with a large site, it's going to take me ages to go through every group of graphics, in each variant of my site, and change the export option back to exporting groups as single graphics. Can this change be reverted in the software, or changed at the site level?
    Gary, this has impacted others in different ways. Xara is aware. I would hold off making changes to everything until Xara works out what to do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem-1951987_1280.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	123607

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn. I'll watch this space, and avoid updating Xara on my laptop so I can use the older version to maintain websites for now...

Another problem: my vertical navigation bar has stopped working.

This live version of my site shows the export from version 16.0: www.sela-sheffield.org
    Please adjust your browser width to see the mobile variants with vertical menu, and notice that it works.

This is an export from the same site from 16.1. Note that the vertical menu is broken: www.wood-net.co.uk/garywood/sela

Another problem: my vertical navigation bar has stopped working.

This live version of my site shows the export from version 16.0: www.sela-sheffield.org
    Please adjust your browser width to see the mobile variants with vertical menu, and notice that it works.

This is an export from the same site from 16.1. Note that the vertical menu is broken: www.wood-net.co.uk/garywood/sela
    Have a view of https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...640#post606640, where I have tried to unravel the v16dot1 issue.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn. My hamburger menu is not a custom built menu, but one of the nav bar options from Xara itself. I've discovered in further testing that Xara's own template sites that use hamburger menus are broken too! (See, for example, the Fading template).

Is there a way to roll back to 16.0 until these bugs are fixed?

Thanks, Acorn. My hamburger menu is not a custom built menu, but one of the nav bar options from Xara itself. I've discovered in further testing that Xara's own template sites that use hamburger menus are broken too! (See, for example, the Fading template).
    Is there a way to roll back to 16.0 until these bugs are fixed?
    Frankly I am unsure. You can log into the Magix Service Centre and look through you product list and download form there but I cannot guarantee, you will get the v16.0 out of it. Try http://dl03.magix.net/designerprox16_dlm.exe.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn. The version in the Magix Service Centre is 16.05. I had to uninstall 16.1, then install 16.05, but not it's back to normal. I'll hold fire on updating until the beta testing is done!

Hi all,

Apologies, we're working on a hotfix currently to revert the default group export settings for now whilst we investigate these issue, which will be coming very soon (hopefully this week).

The original change, amongst other things, was aimed at helping a lot of new users who struggled to understand why their grouped text was being exporting as an image. This obviously had some unexpected and unintentional results which we are looking into. There'll be some other little fixes in the hotfix coming up as well.

Many thanks for bringing these issues to our attention and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks
    Rob