Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Web Designer - support for Hi DPI displays?

@Rob-Xar,

Xara Web Designer does a great job of creating hi-DPI graphics for website, but the program interface does not scale for hi-DPI. Any ideas when this functionality will be implemented?

Gary

Default Re: Xara Web Designer - support for Hi DPI displays?

I asked about this a few years ago because the UI does not adapt to hi rez diplays either.

My guess is someday, but not anytime soon.

Thanks, Gary.

This needs to be a priority. For software whose output supports hi-dpi displays, it's absurd that the program interface doesn't. And more and more people are using hi-dpi displays.

Hi Gary,

I don't know unfortunately. I know it's very very unlikely it's going to be into the next patch however I can try and push it for the one afterwards.

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks, Rob - that would be really helpful. Do you know what kind of timescales that would mean (months or years?). I want to upgrade to a 4K monitor, but the only software currently preventing me from making the switch is Xara WD!

It depends largely on the resources that managers allocate to it. I really don't think it would be years, and couldn't say how many months... but I can only guess at this point.

Don't let Xara hold you back from purchasing a higher resolution monitor though, especially if one is on offer...

Haha - I like your thinking, Rob! ;-)

But Xara currently looks awful on a 4K monitor... the text is fuzzy, and it's impossible to position things properly on the page.

PS: Is there anything we can do to help you to push for it? A more formal way for us to request it than just posting here?

Rob - I based my skepticism on a conversation with one of your fellow developers at least two years ago. I am sure if it were easy to implement it would have been done by now. Just like true Grayscale export for photos.

PS: Is there anything we can do to help you to push for it? A more formal way for us to request it than just posting here?
    Post a request on Dear Xara and ask others to support the request. https://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdi...p?56-Dear-Xara