Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Just Released: An update to Xara Designer Pro X

I've got it, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ian, I couldn't even count the number of bitty PNGs that have now been created (actually 2,605).
    Each has its own HTTP request and therefore will be a slower download (1.2 seconds here).
    The killer is the time your local machine and browser will take to render all of these as HTML is not multi-threaded.

The 'fix' you need will probably select all and apply Web Properties > Image > Web image type: One image for whole group.

Happy testing!

Acorn
    Thanks for your observation. I have started to convert all the graphic groups to be exported as one image. Though I've some way to go before I complete the task (and tidy up parts of the project) there is a clear and significant improvement.

Regards
    Ian

Hi,

I have just updated to the latest version of Xara Designer Pro X X 16.1.0.56164 DL x64 Feb 14 2019.
    After updating a site I discovered that the navigation bar (hamburger menu) was damaged. The "hamburger" had vanished and all I could see was the "invisible" text "Menu" that I had grouped with the three bars. I had to group text and graphics to make the navigation bar and it has worked just perfectly so far. But now, it doesn't. All I can see is the "invisible" text and even if the pointer shows that it is a link the link does not work.
    Since my client wants the hamburger menu I have not been able to publish the site yet.
    Greeting from Olle in Sweden
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

When trying to create a nav bar in 16.1 the text in the menu shows centered. How do I get the text to be left aligned?

What I did:
    Text "Menu". The three bars (hamburger menu). Grouped them and then entered the menu items. All text shows as centered.

Now I have gone back to v 16.0 due to all the errors in the updated version and all works fine as intended.

/Olle in Sweden
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se