Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Media Player

Default Re: Media Player

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Although this one of the better looking ones, it's still of a jukebox/playlist style.
    However, and more importantly, I actually (nearly) understood how it all works. True, I have no clue as to the codelandic language in the page header, but I did understand why the different elements were needed and what role they played.
    If it were a maths test, I would have a B+ in add ups.
    Chris, now you have confused me. You provided an image of multiple players and I built as close a facsimile. Earlier, I had suggested the use of a single Player with selectable Tracks.
    The multi-player design I came up with will keep state of where any paused Track has reached and only plays one Track at a time.

What is missing?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Maybe nothing is missing. Maybe it's me that is missing something. Let me rephrase the 'it's still a playlist' to it's still a playlist...the way I tried it.

I'd like to try and work it out for myself as I'm clearly clumping all the tracks into one player (placeholder). I'm still playing and head scratching, like you said I would . I haven't given up yet, I have faith.

I've worked out how to change the path to the audio files, which is quite important in this case.

Unless I'm still missing something, this is a playlist/jukebox style of player. In other words, one player, multiple tracks. For instance, if you want a block of text separating two genres then this won't do it as the tracks are in an array, you would need a separate page for each genre.

I've never played with Supersites, but I'm under the impression a Supersite will make separate pages appear to act as one with, for instance, vertical scrolling as an option. If so, this would be an answer presuming the changing of pages would kill off the previous page's player.

It may also be possible to have several 'named' players, but I'm wandering into the great unknown on my part with that theory.
    Still happily playing and learning.

Created a Supersite with four separate pages set to Vertical scrolling.
    Created a placeholder on 2 of the pages and set up the media player files on each page (2 tracks per page)
    Previewed the site and had all four tracks in the first player and a blank space in the second player

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Created a Supersite with four separate pages set to Vertical scrolling.
    Created a placeholder on 2 of the pages and set up the media player files on each page (2 tracks per page)
    Previewed the site and had all four tracks in the first player and a blank space in the second player
    The code for each Player must have different name= and id=.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I couldn't find the 'name=', but did find references to the player in general and after adding and removing the identifiers 80 and 90 (80s & 90s tracks) I managed to fail miserably.

They both work as intended on separate pages, but convert to a Supersite and the players show, but will not play. Too tired to play anymore tonight...to be resumed.

Attached: the bits I added the 80 & 90 to and a zoomed out screenshot showing the players in place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audio Player.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	123545 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SS.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	123546
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	123544  

Just in case others are following this thread.

I'm going to play around with the example Acorn posted and hopefully understand enough to be able to make it work as I envisage. Working it out is just as important to me as it simply working.

Hi Chris,

I laud your efforts and I'm still following this. What I noticed from your previous thread was that you had multiple songs, but only one transport control. This would imply a jukebox.
    The only thing that I can think of, would be to somehow have the audio widget turn off if there is a mouse click anywhere except on a scroll bar. I have no idea how to do this.
    I would like to see a multi-audio widget (jukebox) from Xara, though.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Rather than play around with the code to get multiple Jukeboxes operating across several pages of a Supersite, it might be better to create a separate (Conventional) page for each in a separate design file and to embed each Jukebox as an Embed a website Widget.

Not tested so the code could still go awry so you could get multiple jukeboxes playing at once.

Acorn

The site that started all this off is happily sat in cyber space minding it's own business. This means I have time to fiddle around, ask my friend Google, ask on this forum and generally explore without time restraints.

My plan (men and mice and all that) is try variations of single page with multiple instances of the player, Supersite with vertical scroll (I've never used a Supersite before) and the conventional multipage/multiplayer.

I'm very confident that the multipage version will work straight out of the box, but the other two options will be interesting to work out.