Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default newest WDpremium16 can't download website templates

Hi there!

Updated my prescription and downloaded v16 coming from v12.
    I can download everything, components, one page website templates, social media, presentations etc.
    BUT NOT the regular website templates, clicking on "download all" only leaves me with the one page versions and not the needed bulk of regular ones.
    WD is regged okay (ctrl/alt/shift/1) and everything works except that.

I'm out of clues, deleting and starting over with the content didn;t solve it.

ehh....help? please? win7ultimate/64 i5/8gb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magix.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	123501

Default Re: newest WDpremium16 can't download website templates

Red, if you access the Online Content catalogue, do Website Themes & Business Themes Folders and content appear.

If so, click Open for one of each of the website templates from the two folders above.
    Then check in the Local Design gallery that the missing folders have appeared.
    If so, retry Download All on the new folders.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi, thank u for the quick response.
    sadly no, the online content catalog is working perfectly, saved websites/business are not appearing in the local catalog.
    fonts install correctly when i open an online one.

Little reply to my post above, in the files i see the folders with the templates from the online catalog
    In the catindex.txt there is no change so the files are saved in the gallery tree but not updating the catindex.txt
    Lemme see what happens if i uninstall and install the english version as the Cache works from an set country folder. (NLD) thats netherlands now. yes iam Dutch.
    nice braincracker of friday afternoon.

that is in C:\Users\(me)\AppData\Local\Xara\magixWebDesignerP remium\16\Cache\designs\nld\ (not \eng\)

Lightbulb Re: newest WDpremium16 can't download website templates

Quote Originally Posted by Red14 View Post
    Hi, thank u for the quick response.
    sadly no, the online content catalog is working perfectly, saved websites/business are not appearing in the local catalog.
    fonts install correctly when i open an online one.
    Red, I have had a look at the catindex.txt file in my
    Code:
    %localappdata%\Xara\XtremePro\16\Cache\designs\eng\websites
    and is has changed:
    # main clipart index file for pro...# websitethemes and websitethemespremium pre-16.1 only
    !websitethemes, Website Themes,,513694v15:52119v15,
    !websitethemespremium, Business Themes,,513694v15:56196v15,

!singlepagewebsites, Single Page Websites,,513694v15:56255v15,

# 16.1+ only:
    Rob-Xar mentioned this sort of thing might be going on.

Try the following: in your Local Designs gallery, press the Disc designs button and type in
    Code:
    %localappdata%\Xara\WebDesignerPremium\16\Cache\designs\eng\
    and link to your content that way.
    It is possible the content is there but now hidden.

If this fails, PM Rob-Xar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks! I will take notice, now reinstalling english version, nice they have dutch but i do most things in english, less switching in my mind when i'm focussed.
    And of course i let you know the outcome.
    Cheers!

Name:	45709941-happy-cartoon-squirrel-running-with-an-acorn-vector-clip-art-illustration-with-simple-g.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	123503

Name:	45709941-happy-cartoon-squirrel-running-with-an-acorn-vector-clip-art-illustration-with-simple-g.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	123503
    Red, I hope the cartoon suggests we are friends!

Acorn

Well, found out i was forced to dutch by localisation, in EU you get automatic GER, FR,SP,NL or italian version with no posibility to switch to english...? not by install and not in the program.
    So i got me the us xara version instead of magix.

in your comment: %localappdata%\Xara\WebDesignerPremium\16\Cache\de signs\eng\ it must be %localappdata%\Xara\MagixWebDesignerPremium\16\Cache\designs\eng\ and the \eng\ folder at the end doesn't exsist in the localised versions so magix europe is making changes to these paths and foldernames.

My catindex.txt had only the line about the singlepage all above that on yours wasn't there.

And voila! English version works out of the box, everything downloaded okay on first try.
    (slow download as usual, 20mb on a 200+ line....but hey i'm not complaining its almost weekend)

In the english version you cannot change back to EU languages, the whole language choice isn't there, just to check and report.
    Seems magix and xara have some work cutout for them in streamlining local versions. (i choose local magix for more payment options that's the reason)

All is well now, thank u for your help!

Suzanne.

Yes we are friends!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fe1a3bb712ea2681208ba233669ac34e.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	123505

Yes we are friends!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fe1a3bb712ea2681208ba233669ac34e.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	123505
    Suzanne, cool.

Acorn