Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Next a battlestar ship with a kabuto (samurai helmet) as decoration and where the ECCM emitters are located. This is a gargantuan missle platform ship. except for 3 coilguns for close defense, all other weapons systems are missiles and ECCM suites lower opponents Targetting Level by 7, making missiles easier to hit their targets. I tried a different design that failed, so went with the Star Wars imperial battlecruiser for inspiration on shape...

ISS Tairo no Kiyomori Tier 16
    Shogun class, gargantuan Imperial Battlestar
    Speed 8; Maneuverability (+0 Piloting, turn 2)
    AC 29; TL 28
    HP 420; DT 10; CT 50
    Shields superior 600 (forward 150, port 150, starboard 150, aft 150)
    Attack (Forward) Hellfire Torpedo Launcher 2d10x10; Heavy Plasma Torpedo Launcher 5d10 x2
    Attack (Port) Heavy Plasma Torpedo Launcher 5d10 x2; Coilgun 4d4
    Attack (Starboard) Heavy Plasma Torpedo Launcher 5d10 x2; Coilgun 4d4
    Attack (Aft) Coilgun 4d4
    Attack (Turret) Heavy Plasma Torpedo Launcher 5d10 x2
    Power Core Gateway Ultra (500), Gateway Light (300); Drift Engine Signal Basic, 1; Systems advanced long ranger sensors, crew quarters (common), g8 thrusters, mk 3 trinode, mk 8 armor, mk 8 defenses, self destruct system; Expansion Bays ECCM suite (x3), medical bay, power core housing, tech shop
    Modifiers +0 Piloting, +3 x3 computers; Complement 300

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kiyomori-battlestar-new.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	123712
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 20 March 2019 at 09:05 PM.

Probably the most complex 3D character illustration I've ever modeled and created. This is the Oni Taisho (oni general), the true BBEG of the Kaidan setting - arguably the Shogun and many of the daimyo are not pleasant people, but the Oni is the true enemy. The Oni Taisho leads the forces of Jigoku in order to destroy all planets that are not oni possessions. I used mostly Japanese styled armor, but there's some Chinese designs in it too. This is a greater oni, who can have four or more arms, one, two or three eyes, a pair or two of tusks from the mouth, some have horns other do not, since the Oni Taisho has much power he has 4 arms, 3 eyes, a pair of horns, 2 pairs of tusks to show his rank among oni-kind. He's armed with a green crystal mace, a chrome pistol, a spear and some type of elemental arcane energy is forming beneath is lower left hand. He is of ogre height, as well. Interestingly this illustration fits both Starfinder and dark fantasy too... enjoy!

Name:	oni-taisho.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	123718

Next of the war ships is the ISS Toranaga, a Shishi Destroyer class ship. It shares similarities in the nose design of the Ryu battlecruiser, with the Shishi lion temple guardian statue above the nose. Since it's a large ship which can land on a planet, I rendered on planet. I thought the custom created shishi lion turned out well.

ISS Toranaga Tier 11
    Shishi class large imperial destroyer
    Speed 10; Maneuverability average (+0 Piloting, turn 2)
    AC 29; TL 35
    HP 180; DT -; CT 14
    Shields medium 200 (forward 50, port 50, starboard 50, aft 50)
    Attack (Forward) Light Particle Beam 3d6
    Attack (Port) Light Particle Beam 3d6
    Attack (Starboard) Light Particle Beam 3d6
    Attack (Aft) Flak Thrower 3d4 (point)
    Attack (Turret) Light Particle Beam 3d6
    Power Core Gateway Ultra (500); Drift Engine Signal Major, 3; Systems advanced long range sensors, crew quarters (common), mk 2 duonode, mk 8 armor, mk 10 defenses, self destruct system; Expansion Bays cargo bay, ECM suite, medical bay, tech shop
    Modifiers +0 Piloting, +2 x2 Computers; Complement 20

Name:	shishi-destroryer.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	123728

I could post this in my Cartography thread, but since it was finished in 3D using Vue Creator, I'll post here.

I used this for a 3D starship illustration, as the house crest for the setting's shogun, House Taira (a butterfly). It would have been a real challenge trying to model this from scratch. Instead, I used Xara Designer Pro, to import graphics of the Taira noble house crest, as well as other elements like the burning halo symbol that appear behind the heads of Buddhist deities and beings of power. I hand-traced the graphics in Xara with the drawing tool. At completion, I exported the files to AI format. Wings 3D, the subdivisional surface modeler I use to create all my models allows me to import AI files and convert to 1 way extrusions, that I can then export as an OBJ file and use in programs like Poser and Vue Creator.

While I may put a starscape behind it, I'm thinking this will be the logo I'll be using on my Kaidan Starfinder setting books. It's using the symbols I used on the Taira no Kiyomori battlestarship, the Taira House crest surrounded by the burning wheel halo symbol behind the heads of Buddhist deities, then Kaidan and descriptor in jade. It meets the style I'm trying to present.

Michael

Name:	kaidan-logo.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	123772

The picture you posted is not 3D in any way that I can see, so I don't understand why you brought it into a 3D program? Unless this is not the final.

Ray

The logo and the symbol above it is a rendered 3D image. I explained my process of creating it, so it is in fact a rendered 3D image.

Next character build in 3D, possibly being one of Kaidan's iconic characters. This is Kumiko, a bugeisha samurai of House Inoue (EE-no-way), in flying armor, with thrusters on her shin guards, and not seen from a pack on her back. I planned to place a pistol in her ribbon around her waist, but forgot to make it. She bears a vibroblade naginata in her hands that can cut through armor. As an Easter Egg for me, Kumi Inoue (maiden name) is one of my first cousins in Japan... enjoy!

Female Asian model (purchased and downloaded), armor and weapons were modeled in Wings 3D, image rendered in Vue Creator.

Michael

Name:	bugeisha-flying.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	123798

Posting some sample map tiles done completely in 3D. I would normally post this is in my fantasy map thread in the main forum, but these sample map tiles (6" x 6", double side printed full color, card stock prints) for a possible commission for Paizo Publishing. I've got 3 samples below, two are for a starship/space station tile set, both identical "L" turn tiles, but one is just room and doors, the other has a drop-down pit with some starship equipment in the pit. The third one is a "T" intersection and would be for a rusty industrial complex tile set.

These were completely modeled in Wings 3D, then textured and rendered in Vue Creator.

Name:	flip-tile-test-01.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	123882Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flip-tile-test-02.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	123883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flip-tile-test-03.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	123884

Inspired by the Map-Tile concept, since I haven't heard back from Paizo yet, I decided why not do it and publish it myself. DrivethruRPG.com and OneBookShelf printing is capable of printing double-sided, full color cardstock prints in sizes up to 8 x 10 inches. So I've decided to create a massive map tile set at 8 x 10, which is more space to do things with than what Paizo's 6" x 6" tiles allow. My plan is to create 8 each with some variance of straight corridors with 2 doors only, 3 way T intersections, 4 way intersections, and "L" turns, stairways and ladders to accommodate half the available tiles. Then on the other side create more unique chambers that fit being on a starship or space station - common crew berths, officer berths, guest quarters, galley, common latrine, bridge, control room, sick bay, cargo hold, gunnery stations, etc. The goal is 50 printed cards, which is 100 designs, and calling it the Massive Map Tile Set. Like the previous post suggests, after to a full set, I'll do full sets of rusty industrial complex, urban streets set, post-apocalyptic set, etc. These are entirely modeled in Wings 3D, then texturing, lighting and rendering in Vue Creator.

Name:	Map Tile 01.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	123900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Tile 03.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	123901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Tile 02.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	123902

So far I've created 36 generic tiles, like the one's shown in the previous post. I've also created 43 unique bays for the other side of the generic tiles. Here are 3 of those designs... ship's galley, sick bay, and a small cargo bay (though admittedly the Serenity starship from the Firefly TV show influenced it's design, especially the catwalk ending over the exterior hatch ramp and airlock... enjoy!

Name:	galley-tile.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	123969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sickbay-tile.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	123970Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small-cargo.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	123971