Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Very nice GP.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Been busy writing, as I've spent the time to create the 3D illustrations I needed. But being bored, in the middle of the writing, I decided to make a random 3D illustration. I decided to create the proverbial floating island in the sky illustration, with even a water feature, but not the cliche waterfall draping off it. This place looks abandoned, perhaps haunted enjoy. Doing it in 3D gives the sky and plants more realism for a fantasy image...

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skyland.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	132184

Really like that!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

me to - this has a definate something that kicks in my imagination, which your usual 'sci-fi' does not, clever though it all is
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Really like that!
    Me3
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I decided to create another military starship, this one is the Colonial Marine small Jump Spider Assault boat, crew of 6, as a fast system boat ported to a Naval Carrier, without FTL/Drift/Hyperdrive, with maneuver thrusters only. It's fast, armored, a drop boat, and a mecha vehicle, able to move as fast as a medium humanoid in armor can run (able to keep up with the Marine squad on foot), as fire support and defensible campsite, and ship/vehicle. All 8 limbs feature a maneuver pod for flight and VTOL landing. This is inspired by the jumping spider.

GP

Name:	jumping-spider-drop-assault.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	132262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jumping-spider-drop-assault-inflight.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	132261Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jumping-spider-drop-assault-top-deck.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	132260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jumping-spider-drop-assault-mid-deck.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	132259

As much as I hate spiders, this one is neat.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

After watching the new Dune movie on DVD, I decided to create a sci-fi city map, inspired by Arrakeen, for a non-skyscraper urban area. Appearing as various mastaba shaped short structures only a few levels high, but after getting the bulk I realized, this city is more like a super colossal starship, unmoving and inset into the ground. The top level are essentially rooftops peaking through a contiguous roof hull, with floors dropping beneath the ground 2 to 10 levels down. For simplicity, and modularity I created squares of structure, so they could be easily fitted together into a custom city - prefab.

First I created a manufacturing module, half the width of the other modules with pits dropping down. Next I created the habitat/down town block, which is the downtown shopping area with a glassed roof. Then I created the residential block with a fortress for city leadership, and a temple, with other structures surrounding on a varying level hull. I then created the starport, with airfield sitting lower than the ground level on other blocks. Finally I created a large hydroponic dome as the main source of food. I plan to do top downs to show the transit tracks and corridors and some of the structural interiors. Also posting closeup renderings of the residential and manufacturing blocks. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	pythia.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	132318Click image for larger version. 

Name:	industrial module.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	132317Click image for larger version. 

Name:	residential-module.jpg 
Size:	285.7 KB 
ID:	132316

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    After watching the new Dune movie on DVD, I decided to create a sci-fi city map, inspired by Arrakeen, for a non-skyscraper urban area. Appearing as various mastaba shaped short structures only a few levels high, but after getting the bulk I realized, this city is more like a super colossal starship, unmoving and inset into the ground. The top level are essentially rooftops peaking through a contiguous roof hull, with floors dropping beneath the ground 2 to 10 levels down. For simplicity, and modularity I created squares of structure, so they could be easily fitted together into a custom city - prefab.

First I created a manufacturing module, half the width of the other modules with pits dropping down. Next I created the habitat/down town block, which is the downtown shopping area with a glassed roof. Then I created the residential block with a fortress for city leadership, and a temple, with other structures surrounding on a varying level hull. I then created the starport, with airfield sitting lower than the ground level on other blocks. Finally I created a large hydroponic dome as the main source of food. I plan to do top downs to show the transit tracks and corridors and some of the structural interiors. Also posting closeup renderings of the residential and manufacturing blocks. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	pythia.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	132318Click image for larger version. 

Name:	industrial module.jpg 
Size:	201.3 KB 
ID:	132317Click image for larger version. 

Name:	residential-module.jpg 
Size:	285.7 KB 
ID:	132316
    Looks great Game printer
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Like them a lot. However
    Theocraticratic capital of Delphi Clerisy
    is this like New York, they named it twice?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host