Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Really nice.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi GP. I like that image a lot. It reminds me of those Mississippi pusher barges.
    Two observations.

1: I think the moon/planet distracts from the vessel.
    2: Unless the vessel was 'end-on' you wouldn't see both port and starboard (red/green) lights
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi GP. I like that image a lot. It reminds me of those Mississippi pusher barges.
    Two observations.

1: I think the moon/planet distracts from the vessel.
    2: Unless the vessel was 'end-on' you wouldn't see both port and starboard (red/green) lights
    I will probably just re-render the side view without the moon - I was trying to create something more interesting than just star field, but you're right, the moon distracts. Regarding the lights, except for the catwalk to egress the ship sticking out the side on the fore part of the ship, most of the structure is inside the span of the cargo containers. So putting red/green lights is structurally difficult. So I put them (fore/aft) as wide as they could show on the structure itself.

I just rendered a top down view of the same ship to create it's deck plan. (It's slightly askew from perfect horizontal, but I'll tweak that)

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	merchant-bulk-freighter-topdown.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	131594

I like it can't say I totally understand it but I like it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

While the Ysoki (ratlings) aren't indigenous to the Kronusverse, they are recent arrivals to the Delphi system, aboard a Ysoki Sphere Colony Base ship with a singularity drive at center creating a stable .98 Gs to those living aboard. They plan to settle one of the desert planets in the Delphi system...

Name:	ysoki-colony-ship.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	113.7 KB 
ID:	131609

Your work are is. creative
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Thanks, wizard509!

This ship is 300 feet in diameter, and is the largest ship that can land and take off again from a planet. This is what the Ysoki use to land on worlds from their mothership, called the Planeteer.

Name:	ysoki-ships.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	131618

Interesting.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

While I liked that sunset image, I needed something illustrative of a story more than a nice image...

The Ysoki Invasion of Delphi II. Although authorized by the Ecclesiastic Council of the Delphi Hegemony to immigrate to the unincorporated planet of Delphi II, in the Delphi star system. A small, population of criminal elements, squatters, and other outlaw types residing on small armed encampment on the planet with a crudely, prepared starport. These ysoki pilgrims from across the galaxy claim religious reasons for claiming the second planet of the Delphi system, to which the Ecclesiastic Council acknowledge, that prophecy speaks of a chosen people for that world, that they were awaiting their arrival. The ysoki are the chosen people of this world.

GP

Name:	Ysoki_Invasion.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	131652

this one I find confusing.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509