Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Hello Gameprinter, I have used Vue for some time, I have Vue 6 thru 9 installed on my PC, Its good rendering software but kinda slow, I hadn't been to e-on software's web site for a long time, Noticed its now subscription based, I suppose its inexpensive to get your feet wet, Myself, I'm not a fan of subscriptions. I started with Bryce a long time ago. If you ever want to get away from subscriptions you can still get Bryce 7 at Daz 3D for $20, https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro then Plug in Daz studio https://www.daz3d.com/technology , I think its free. By the way I started with Ray Dream when it was part of the Corel Draw suite, It was called Corel Dream at the time. I eventually purchase Ray Dream. I probably still have it in my collection of obsolete software. Well have fun playing with 3D.

I am familiar with Bryce. I've decided I need to learn Blender, since it's both a very high end 3D applications, and it's Open Source software. I am happy with Vue though, for now.

Finished the blue dragon 3D model yesterday, and I wanted to render it into a scene, but didn't want to spend a lot of time building a scene, so I used my previous limestone spire model, retextured it with something other than limestone, and with some nice plant textures on it - I think this works out fine. Oh, I changed the structures on the spire to be more fitting medievil architecture to fit most fantasy game expectations. Done! Enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragon-tower.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	123617

Kaidan-kyo, the imperial capital of the Empire of Kaidan, with the structure of the imperial crest, the chrysanthemum, done in Vue, Wings 3D using a J-Displacement to create the building displacement map. Enjoy!

Name:	aerial-view-city1.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	123633

Cool city plan there!

Thanks, Marc! I thought I was done, but reconsidered and added stuff...

The Imperial capital of Kaidan-kyo, aerial version is finally done. I added some bigger skyscrapers of the MegaCorps around the inner circle downtown area of the city, and some further out. I added a starport, with a train station on the adjacent petal with tubes going into and around the city, then out into tunnels beyond. I added a stadium, a large temple, a power plant and water treatment facility, and on the outlying "islands" are defensive structures that serve as weapons platforms with pop up capital weapon turrets, missile batteries and the upper portion are shield emitters to encapsulate the entire city inside massive shields. A hydrofoil ship is seen passing to bottom right. Enjoy!

Michael

Name:	kaidan-kyo-aerial-view.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	123642

One of the races being included in the Kaidan Interstellar Empire of Japanese horror setting for Starfinder, is the Jorogumo or "spider women" race. While physiologically resembling a spider, societally they are more like ants or bees. For each nest city, they have a queen, several male drones, and the rest of the infertile females, so the majority resemble females and why they are called "spider women". Strangely they think in binary and hexidecimal, and are extremely skilled in computers with bonuses for such skills. They are a starfaring race and while an enemy of the oni are solitary versus joining other races. They live in subterranean caverns on their homeworld... enjoy!

Name:	jorogumo.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	123647

Another experiment, though I might use this - I like it. When I was playing around with the textures for Jorogumo, I accidentally selected a pink glass, which looked cool, but didn't find what I wanted to do with that race. However, I recall a movie I saw on Netflix called Ex Machina with a sexy android, that had a face with "human skin", but most of her was metal and glass. So I took a Poser model and diced up it's surface allowing me to use different textures on different parts. Her face, upper torso, upper arms and legs are covered in a metallic skin, somewhat similar to Androids as depicted in Starfinder. While the back of her head, neck, abdomen and lower arms are transparent pink swirly glass. You can see light passing through her arms in her shadow behind her on the floor. Anyway, my take on Android as a pilot aboard a starship. The starship seen in the background behind her, is an identical ship with an android on that bridge too... enjoy!

Name:	fem-android-pilot.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	123657

This is "Evie Foray" as she's listed on the crew manifest, though this SRO (sentient robotic organism) is actually a labor droid with the EV-4A nomenclature. I needed a robot character for other illustrations I'll be doing, and wanted to put her into a scene to make it less boring. Enjoy!

Name:	ev4a.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	123669

Micheal

I liked the last one but it looks like the robot is walking on sand. First thing I thought of is you need to show tracks for we it came from.

Keep them coming.

Ray

The ISS Tokugahara, a Ryu class Imperial Battlecruiser as it passes a white dwarf while on patrol through the Ghost Nebula that encompasses the Kaidan Imperial starsystem - for my upcoming Starfinder setting of Japanese horror.

ISS Tokugahara Tier 15
    Ryu class, huge Imperial Battlecruiser
    Speed 8; Maneuverability average (+0 Piloting, turn 2)
    AC 27; TL 31
    HP 180 (increment 25); DT 5; CT 36
    Shields Heavy 360 (forward 90, port 90, starboard 90, aft 90)
    Attack (Forward) capital persistent particle beam cannon 2d10x10
    Attack (Port) light high explosive missile launcher 4d8
    Attack (Starboard) light high explosive missile launcher 4d8
    Attack (Turret) heavy persistent particle beam 10d6
    Power Core Gateway Ultra (500), Nova Ultra (300); Drift Engine Signal Booster, 2; Systems advanced long range sensors, arcane command chair, arcane sensors, crew quarters (common), h8 thrusters, mk 2 trinode, mk 6 defenses, mk 8 armor, self destruct system; Expansion Bays cargo hold, command intelligence control, power core housing, spell-primed shield bay (5th level), Sick Bay, Tech Shop
    Modifiers +2 computers x3, +0 piloting; Complement 100

Enjoy!

Name:	imperial-battlecruiser.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	123695