Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Breaking the clouds trying to achieve escape velocity to leave this mega-city world... enjoy

!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cloud alley.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	129680

Sometimes a project forces you to do math, not one of my favorite activities. For my Planet Builder project, I decided to use the new Starfinder rules for colony ship framework and a base ship, the most massive ship class in the rules. A base ship can hold a maximum crew size of 100,000. The colony ship framework, adds x5 max crew size for size of colonial residents, which means, I need to build a ship for 600,000 people! I decided to build a starship of massive scale. It's 396 miles long, with a torus that is 192 miles in diameter, which is 96 miles in radius. In order to achieve 1 G of centrifugal force gravity, the torus needs to spin at .076 RPM, or 13.5 minutes per full revolution, which is still going 2753.4 MPH on the outside of the habitat ring. Posted below is lateral view of the full ship, an interior view of the habitat ring. And not 3D, but completely created in Xara Designer Pro x11, the interior map of the full circumference of the habitat ring... enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	argos.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	129681Click image for larger version. 

Name:	argos-torus-section.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	129682Click image for larger version. 

Name:	argos-map.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	129683

That's awesome, great work.

but are you enjoying them ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It would be a bit dark in there once you get away from that planet/moon.

Great drawings.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Artificial sun rotating the hub and shining through the "glass".

Oh, and the other "math", I didn't include in my post. At 600,000 people, I wanted the optimum non-urban population density with 90 people per square mile. So at 9.6 miles wide, and 603 miles in circumference, that's 5,991 square miles which can accommodate slightly above 600,000 at that density - hence where I got my numbers for the total measurement.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 25 May 2021 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    but are you enjoying them ?
    Is that directed to me? Not necessarily enjoying the math, but had to do it to give me the dimensions I need to create something that can accommodate my purpose. 3D art is like map art, it's an activity I enjoy doing, it's a creative art, it's problem solving - so yes, I'm enjoying doing these. Besides, it's not just for fun, rather these are illustrations that will be included in a game supplement product that I will sell. So in every way, for me, it's a lucrative and enjoyable. Now whether others enjoy it or not (especially in this community) I couldn't say, art is subjective afterall. My fans who purchase my products seem to enjoy them - so that's another reason to do it!

you do append all your posts, of late anyway, in this thread with the exhortation
    enjoy!
    so I just wondered if edwinasyneak actually did [not that I expected a reply]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you do append all your posts, of late anyway, in this thread with the exhortation so I just wondered if edwinasyneak actually did [not that I expected a reply]
    Ah, that. Yeah, been making posts in Facebook and have been appending the "enjoy" to those posts. So I copy/pasted this text from there, but then tweaked the text to be more specific for here - but forgot to remove the "enjoy" part... whoops. I do hope anyone viewing these are enjoying themselves, though.

So turns of phrases, bother you? It's just language.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 25 May 2021 at 09:28 PM.

I do hope anyone viewing these are enjoying themselves, though.
    Of course we do. I always appreciate how other TG members use Xara in producing their work in whatever format.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host