Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation Free and pretty robust modelers

I discovered two sculpting tools (IOW, zBrush competitors, in a vague way):

Adobe Substance modeler 3D beta

first, create an account for Adobe, or log in if you're registered

Here's the software

What they tell you is that it's free to download without restrictions. What they don't really tell you that as a public beta, the ting will time out eventually.

On the other hand, quietly, a very, very decent alternative to zBrush called 3DCoat (Print), located in the Ukraine God help their souls—pilgway.com. It doesn't have all the features of the commercial version, I'd say more than 80% after paying with it. It's your to keep, no time-put no limits to the features in the software.

3D Coat for free

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sculpting mdelers.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	132836
    Last edited by Acorn; 03 October 2022 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Fixed product typo

Smile Re: Free and pretty robust modelers

gary, thank you for the 3DCoat (Print) free link. I've downloaded but not yet installed.

Another day.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Free and pretty robust modelers

Addendum: Pilgway software developers are located in Ukraine.

Yep, and they're almost begging anyone interested to buy a license.

No guilt here: we already donated $$$$ through a charity for Ukrainians.

I downloaded the trial, and I'll play with it, but unlikely to purchase. There are other 3D programs standing in line as purchases before I'd ever buy that.

I understand completely, Gameprinter.

I'm walking away, very slowly, from C4D, because I no longer can afford it. I began with version 9, and today, the latest is great, but three times that price. On the other hand, Blender is continuously being upgraded, i'm trying to learn their fluid dynamics—of which C4D has always required a third-partry plug-in—and Blender is free.

I'm going to delete 3D Coat from my drive because I'm too tempted the use it for free when the Ukrainians need the $$$. I'm not playing Holier-than-Thou, please everyone understand.

I have very few ethics (!), but I gotta draw a line somewhere. Because I'm an artist.

Get it? Artist...draw the line?

Is it Friday yet?

My Best,

Gary

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Space trash.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	132839