Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

The logo and the symbol above it is a rendered 3D image. I explained my process of creating it, so it is in fact a rendered 3D image.

Next character build in 3D, possibly being one of Kaidan's iconic characters. This is Kumiko, a bugeisha samurai of House Inoue (EE-no-way), in flying armor, with thrusters on her shin guards, and not seen from a pack on her back. I planned to place a pistol in her ribbon around her waist, but forgot to make it. She bears a vibroblade naginata in her hands that can cut through armor. As an Easter Egg for me, Kumi Inoue (maiden name) is one of my first cousins in Japan... enjoy!

Female Asian model (purchased and downloaded), armor and weapons were modeled in Wings 3D, image rendered in Vue Creator.

Michael

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bugeisha-flying.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	123798

Posting some sample map tiles done completely in 3D. I would normally post this is in my fantasy map thread in the main forum, but these sample map tiles (6" x 6", double side printed full color, card stock prints) for a possible commission for Paizo Publishing. I've got 3 samples below, two are for a starship/space station tile set, both identical "L" turn tiles, but one is just room and doors, the other has a drop-down pit with some starship equipment in the pit. The third one is a "T" intersection and would be for a rusty industrial complex tile set.

These were completely modeled in Wings 3D, then textured and rendered in Vue Creator.

Name:	flip-tile-test-01.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	123882Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flip-tile-test-02.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	123883Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flip-tile-test-03.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	123884

Inspired by the Map-Tile concept, since I haven't heard back from Paizo yet, I decided why not do it and publish it myself. DrivethruRPG.com and OneBookShelf printing is capable of printing double-sided, full color cardstock prints in sizes up to 8 x 10 inches. So I've decided to create a massive map tile set at 8 x 10, which is more space to do things with than what Paizo's 6" x 6" tiles allow. My plan is to create 8 each with some variance of straight corridors with 2 doors only, 3 way T intersections, 4 way intersections, and "L" turns, stairways and ladders to accommodate half the available tiles. Then on the other side create more unique chambers that fit being on a starship or space station - common crew berths, officer berths, guest quarters, galley, common latrine, bridge, control room, sick bay, cargo hold, gunnery stations, etc. The goal is 50 printed cards, which is 100 designs, and calling it the Massive Map Tile Set. Like the previous post suggests, after to a full set, I'll do full sets of rusty industrial complex, urban streets set, post-apocalyptic set, etc. These are entirely modeled in Wings 3D, then texturing, lighting and rendering in Vue Creator.

Name:	Map Tile 01.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	123900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Tile 03.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	123901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Tile 02.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	123902

So far I've created 36 generic tiles, like the one's shown in the previous post. I've also created 43 unique bays for the other side of the generic tiles. Here are 3 of those designs... ship's galley, sick bay, and a small cargo bay (though admittedly the Serenity starship from the Firefly TV show influenced it's design, especially the catwalk ending over the exterior hatch ramp and airlock... enjoy!

Name:	galley-tile.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	123969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sickbay-tile.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	123970Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small-cargo.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	123971