Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Calling this: Spent a weekend in Innsmouth and all I got was this weird infection... or this why Illithid wear those long robes - how do you get pants over those?

Just some assets I wanted to use, but had no purpose for, so created it anyway. Now that's out of my system...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	innsmouth.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	310.0 KB 
ID:	132760

Spent a weekend in Innsmouth...
    but were you cast under it's shadow....?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    but were you cast under it's shadow....?
    Not at all. What this? It's just a skin infection, nothing at all. I am fully in control of my faculties. No, I don't hear the siren's song that Dagon placed upon my soul - no, nothing like that...

I had a girfriend many years ago who was studying HP at uni and his influence on other writers such as Wyndham; I remember she was very enthusiastic about a new writer, who had just published his first novel, called King...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I decided to redo the Scarab Beetle ship, for several reasons. One, I called it a scarab ship, since I wanted the associated Egyptian motif, however, I used a stag beetle which is not a scarab. I had the models for a rhinoceros beetle which is a scarab, so that's what I used instead. I also wanted to do a better job on the textures than the previous one. Plus the original image featured a deck that was overly narrow and not too many decks high - I couldn't fit all the featured bays I wanted to include in the first one, due to lack of interior space. Plus I added an Egyptian temple on it's back for more detail. This fixes it all, and allows me to post a better image. Doing a top down render now, then a profile render and I'll be done. I'm making this ship the first entry in the supplement.

GP

Name:	scarab.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	278.5 KB 
ID:	132772

I started the few pages dedicated to monsters, though I'm not doing the monsters yet. I had an idea to pursue, and I had to get it done, before I lost the details in my head. If I put it on the shelf until later, I may forget. So I started the Phoenix Nebula Ecology chapter, with Nebula Life Abounds!

Describing the vast clouds of astral planktons and diatoms found across space, but concentrated in dust cloud nebulas as they feed on nutrient rich dust. Filter feeders from dog-sized insectoid flyers up to space whales and all between feed on them. They in turn feed the predators, which eventually feed those giant space monsters that make you wonder, what do they eat out here - there's plenty to eat, you just have to hunt for your food. There's an entire food chain out here.

I needed an illustration for that...

Incidentally, not 3D, so probably belongs in my Fantasy Maps thread, but posting it here anyway. I just created the binary star system map as digital art and Xara design, and an image of the Nebula in it's entirety. I created a rough bird in flight, imported to Vue through a MetaCloud Processor that converted the OBJ model into 20,000 metaclouds and this is the result - did some post editing work in Xara.

GP

Name:	nebula-life.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	132785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peregrin-nebula.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	132786Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peregrine-binary-system.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	132787

Working on the deck plans for the Locust ship, and I'd declared it a Thri-kreen ship, which are insectoid humanoids from the original Spelljammer campaign setting in 1983. So I'm attempting inhuman architecture, and including some bays that are specifically insectoid, rather than mammalian, including a hatchery. I decided I needed a topdown view of some grotesque egg sacs, so this is what I created...

GP

Name:	egg-sacs.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	132863