Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Really? I see it clearly telling a story. In orbit is a Colony ship, and vessels are being sent down to the world to colonize it. One has arrived, along with their mono-wheel vehicles, and a Ysoki in armor approaches the camera. It's an action scene. How is it confusing? Just curious - if I could have done it better...

GP

To me, the helmet is lost because of the creature behind it, which seems to be a value problem.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The creature is wearing the helmet, it's just headgear, it doesn't need to be clearly scene, so much as the head needs to be. Ysoki are humanoid rats. The creature's head is a brown rat, it's beady eyes are inside the helmet, so difficult to see, however, it's pink nose and buck teeth are clearly shown, with an apparent goatee on it's face.

I took the helmet off, (though the model isn't ideal without the helmet), but does this make things more clear?

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test-ysoki.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	131653
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02 March 2022 at 07:09 PM.

With helmet is better, my problem was the helmet and the creature behind are just too close in value causing the head and helmet to be lost or
    at least somewhat lost.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    With helmet is better, my problem was the helmet and the creature behind are just too close in value causing the head and helmet to be lost or
    at least somewhat lost.
    I get it, and why I didn't have a helmetless version in the main illustration - but I wanted to show it, so the viewer (intended for those familiar with Starfinder, and the Ysoki is an existing player character race in the Core rules of the game), would fully appreciate the intention of the illustraton. (Talkgraphics community, obviously lack that necessary background to best appreciate the illustration.) Posted it anyway. :P

So having nothing to do with my last few posts, one of the illustrations I was using in the Kronusverse involved describing an event that lead to the formation of the Colonial government, and that was of an alien incursion occuring on a distant colony world, and the rest of the colonies formed a military and conducted 7 years of operations to get the aliens to leave - which they finally did. However, as an illustration, I just showed a bunch in space reading some kind of an attack, but otherwise a non-action scene. That didn't work. I needed to show an alien invasion, so I created this last night. It may be a little busy. Some of the alien's leg details are hidden in the busy-ness of the background, but this was my first attempt at this...

GP

Name:	annihilation.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	271.6 KB 
ID:	131664

Looks good but what i s the purpose of the bright blue transparency left side I find that destructing.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

The flying android alien is firing a persistent laser cannon. I wanted them to be attacking the city, not just flying by, but didn't require all of them attacking, and since I knew the pulse blast was going to be distracting, I applied it to the one in front, so it's flash wouln't overly negatively affect those flying behind it. I wanted the bots to be doing something other than just flying by.

Hmmmmmm
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Vapor Kine are a kind large, floating, invertibrate creature of unusual biology, about the size of an imperial mammoth. It is native to Mini Neptune type, small gas giants with rocky cores,
    and extremely high pressure of mostly-hydrogen atmosphere, but it's metabolism absorbs lithium-6 from the atmosphere and metabolizes it into tritium, which it excretes and eventually decays into helium-3. Although the creature is inoffensive and somewhat less intelligent than an Earth cow, the helium it produces has valuable uses, causing them to be herded in vast ranches in certain gas giant's dense atmospheres, tended by special robotic herders designed to withstand the gravity, pressure and temperatures they need to survive.

Name:	crab-thing.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	131669