Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Xalapa is the capital and planet of the Olmec Confederacy, a mountainous jungle world with extensive underground river systems throughout reaching the seas. The Olmec were among the first Spelljamming cultures, just shortly after the Egyptian introduction. They have since returned to the Earth on several rescue missions to bring entire cities of subsequent indigenous civilizations before others would come and destroy their worlds - as predicted by Olmec prophecy. Among their retrievals were Aztecs, Mayans and Chacoan peoples. Each live on a different moon that orbits the gas giant, Chac Ixchil, the storm god and his consort, Lady Rainbow in the Olmec/Mayan pantheon. There is said to be a constant storm beneath it's tranquil rainbow surface.

The King and the Temple of the Moon ship returns and is landing at the capital.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xalapa.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	238.4 KB 
ID:	132736

Only mentioning that the Sahuagin with the Deep Space Angler and Astral Pirahna ships are from an ocean planet, no surface land. Only land ever revealed during high seas where the nearest surfaces break the water for moments at a time. But still felt compelled to create something for them. Several of the operating bays of Sahuagin spelljammer ships are wet bays (fully submerged) including their helms as depicted here. I don't know why, but I imagine spelljammer helms as featuring a wizard's glass (crystal ball) to view the ship and it's surroundings in combat, and wider views showing entire navigational route being taken. So that's the big glass ball in front of this Sahuagin captain at the helm...

Name:	sahuagin-helm.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	375.8 KB 
ID:	132741

Calling this: Spent a weekend in Innsmouth and all I got was this weird infection... or this why Illithid wear those long robes - how do you get pants over those?

Just some assets I wanted to use, but had no purpose for, so created it anyway. Now that's out of my system...

Name:	innsmouth.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	310.0 KB 
ID:	132760

Spent a weekend in Innsmouth...
    but were you cast under it's shadow....?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    but were you cast under it's shadow....?
    Not at all. What this? It's just a skin infection, nothing at all. I am fully in control of my faculties. No, I don't hear the siren's song that Dagon placed upon my soul - no, nothing like that...

I had a girfriend many years ago who was studying HP at uni and his influence on other writers such as Wyndham; I remember she was very enthusiastic about a new writer, who had just published his first novel, called King...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I decided to redo the Scarab Beetle ship, for several reasons. One, I called it a scarab ship, since I wanted the associated Egyptian motif, however, I used a stag beetle which is not a scarab. I had the models for a rhinoceros beetle which is a scarab, so that's what I used instead. I also wanted to do a better job on the textures than the previous one. Plus the original image featured a deck that was overly narrow and not too many decks high - I couldn't fit all the featured bays I wanted to include in the first one, due to lack of interior space. Plus I added an Egyptian temple on it's back for more detail. This fixes it all, and allows me to post a better image. Doing a top down render now, then a profile render and I'll be done. I'm making this ship the first entry in the supplement.

GP

Name:	scarab.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	278.5 KB 
ID:	132772