Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Here's my first rendition of the Free Camp, an area on the garbage/prison planet of Purgatory for a series of one-shots for Starfinder being written by Trevor Gulliver. This is a highly inaccessable area of the canyon lands region near the equator. A particular gang called the Dudarks reside here. A resourceful, Ysoki scientist and technomancer is a part of this gang and works scientific miracles to give them an edge against the other ruling prison gangs of the planet. The only way to reach the camp is via mecha with jump jet capability to leap from plateau to plateau, down into the canyons to reach this place, it is fully a half mile over the bottom of the canyons for an impossible difficult place to assault... enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	free-camp-dudarks.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	125296

Quick render. A few days ago I posted the Mosquito Interceptor tiny starship, kind of helicopter in shape. Anyway, many people pointed out that it was mechanically like the bubble plane in Oblivion - which was a movie I hadn't even heard of. So I watched it yesterday, it was decent movie. I wasn't inspired by the bubble plane, rather the Tet (alien) station, which was a tetrahedron (an upside down 4 sided die), well I decided to create a space station with two tetrahedrons, one over the other, connected by structural framing pillars.

I call this Erebus Station, a corporate owned facility and waystation with a population of 28,000, mostly scientists and administrative personnel, though it features a full hospital, as it's primary activities involve genetics and bio-hybrid research. Just for scale and more content, I placed the Jack of Diamonds trade ship coming from the right side, silhoeutted by the moon behind it. Erebus Station, though moves slowly, moves from planet to planet and moon to moon within the Tarterus star system... enjoy!

Name:	space-station.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	125963

Our youngest son is just getting into the modeling side of things again, he was a gamer for years... Just turned him onto Vue last night... then we went into modeling parts for scenes... revisited Wings 3d, Silo, and some zbrush... He is now interested in low poly creation with stellar uv mapping... and he likes the space type of art you are showing here... so please continue.

My internet went down the day before yesterday (TV too), until yesterday at noon. So I decided to work on a 3D illustration - modeled in Wings 3D and lit, textured and rendered in Vue Creator. While I did this for fun, I've been considering creating a Starfinder RPG product of a supplement for Colonial Marines. I'll do a naval transport, a marine drop ship, an armored combat car, a drop tank, personal weapons, armor and equipment. While this could work for an interior illustration, I'm considering using it for the cover art... enjoy!

Name:	marine-first-contact.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	127048

Now on to making some vehicles, weapon systems, equipment, personal weapons and armor for the Colonial Marines Starfinder supplement I'm working on. This is the SPARTA artillery system - (Self Propelled Auto Roving Tactical Artillery system) I haven't done the stats yet, and I'll do a combat car, tank, war bike, submersible, though I've already done a dropship last month. Enjoy!

Name:	sparta-gunnery.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	127053

Last 3D illustration for the night. This is the CERBERUS Colonial Marine Light Armored Combat Car - will stat later. (Because I named the dropship I did a few months ago, the Achylles, a Greek Hero, I thought I'd keep with the Greek nomenclature...enjoy!

Name:	cerberus-combat-car.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	127054

Now I'm doing Marine personal weapons, seeing a wall of weapons and armor is kind of an expectation for RPG guides, especially one that has to do with Colonial Marines. So here's the M90 marine plasma assault rifle, the M95 marine micro-railgun sniper rifle, the M900 Devastator portable particle cannon (note: an anti-grav unit under the nozzle allows a soldier in power armor to lift this thing for use), and the M49 marine pistol. Working on a carbine then grenades next.

I also created a Pegasus Grav tank and redid the Prodromos Scout Bike as a grav bike...

Enjoy!

Name:	m90-M95.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	127130Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m99-particle-cannon.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	127131Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m49-pistol.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	127132Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pegasus-grav-tank..jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	127133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	combat-bike.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	127134

So before I get to making two sets of armor for my Colonial Marines, I did have a model of a sci-fi soldier (made by somebody else) that I paid for last year, but never used, so last night I textured it up, built a scene and rendered it - calling it the Colonial Marine in standard kit (unarmored). Now on to some body armor, power armor and a mecha, next... enjoy!

Name:	marine-standard-kit.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	127157

Finished the power armor, put a micro-singularity generator cannon in her right hand, a circular saw/shotgun glove on her left hand, taking a stroll in search of targets in the city to eliminate... enjoy!

Name:	power-armor-girl.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	127164

I thought I needed one more vehicle for the Colonial Marines supplement for Starfinder RPG. This is the Leonidus class heavy urban assault mech (45 ton), big, but not too big that it won't fit on urban streets. This has a medium pulse laser on it's turret that only targets starships, fortifications, vehicles and mecha, a heavy machine gun under it's belly, that can target soldiers. Two pincer hands to grab and grapple. There's a dust storm as the day is coming to an end for this mecha... enjoy!

Name:	leonidus-mech.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	127186