Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

The final object for the Sick Bay Map Object/3D printable set of 10 tokens. This is a premium physician drone robot. Instead of 4 tool limbs and 4 walking legs as depicted in the Armory, this bot, as tracks for legs, two side arms that can lift a patient, a stretcher and turn a patient on a table to access area requiring medical attention. Between those arms are 6 tool arms all arrayed to point to a location for surgery. Left to right, the tools are: a small circular saw for bone cutting, forceps, a cutting/cauterizing/focused radiation laser, a scalpel, syringe and topical gel dispenser. I included a close up of just the tool array, because... I went overboard, this is too tiny and too much detail to be 3D printable, so for the printable version, I'm going to beef up the size and lower the detail so it can be printable. I just wanted to show off the overboard detail work I put into this... Give me a couple days and I'll release this product, hopefully on Monday... enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surgical-bot.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	125087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surgical-bot-side.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	125088Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surgical-bot-tool-array.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	125089

First set of 10 3D map objects and printables are done - creating the cover design art with a 3D rendering of several of the objects in the set... enjoy!

GP

Name:	sick-bay-cover.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	125139

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    First set of 10 3D map objects and printables are done - creating the cover design art with a 3D rendering of several of the objects in the set... enjoy!

GP

Incredible works man. I had a chance to learn Raydream back in the days. I was helping my younger brother installing the brake kit and dub wheels on his truck when he mentioned he's getting Vue Creator soon. I will show him your works here.

Raydream was the first 3D software I started using back in the 90's. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post

GP

Incredible, imaginative, and, beautiful work Gameprinter.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thank you, sir!

Note: the rest of the cover design is vector bevels using Xara.

Working on a Hostile Terrain Map Set, though designed for use in Sci-Fi games, because it's just terrain, it's perfectly usable in fantasy games. While I'm not exclusively using 3D for this set, some stuff just looks more like what I want it to look in 3D versus doing it any other way. I'm currently rendering a 3D image of a glacial crevasse, while the rest of the glacier map will be done using Xara. Here's a map that is exclusively done in 3D, fully created in Vue Creator... enjoy!

GP

Name:	hostile-terrain02-small.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	125165

I finally got something for swamp in 3D, but I'm trying to decide if I need to tweak this somehow. I preferred muddier water, but it hid the bottom too much, making it look less like water. I painted some pond scum in Xara with a fractal transparency and drop shadow, I made them about 30% transparent to show the shadows they're hiding. I also thought of placing a layer of fog, but that might obscure too much. I tried using Vue Creator's ecosystem texture, but it was too many pologons taking forever to render. Instead, I opted to load individual 3D trees, and for whaever reason, it rendered a lot faster. Still taking about 4 hour+, but if I needed to tweak it, it's not out of bounds to do that and render again. It's too sunny! Anyway, swamp Hostile Terrain - test one... enjoy!

GP

Name:	swamp-test-small.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	125191

A surprising terrain. I opened the Swamp file, changed the texture of the ground from plants to wet, rough rocks which added a displacement which changed the geometry to add the rock structure, while I still had the water level in it. I duplicated the ground, and replaced the texture with marine plants and anemones, and got this... I'm calling it both Unseen Shoals and the Low Tide Island, meaning, at low tide, this is exposed, but at high tide, the highest point is 4 feet underwater making this truly Hostile Terrain. At high tide these shark infested waters make anything on these shoals easy prey, but even at low tide high seas crash against the rocks with brutality as well as anything on them... enjoy!

Name:	unseen-shoals-small.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	253.0 KB 
ID:	125193

Since I plan to promote this as Starfinder along with other game systems, I figured I'd need one or two alien enviroments as Hostile Terrains, and this is the first one: Alien Oasis - the purple and gray soil is alien, the rocks are alien, the plants are alien, even the "water" in the pool is something other than water; it's all alien... enjoy!

GP

Name:	alien-oasis-01-small.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	125201