Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

So I needed to create interceptors to fill the Hammerhead's shuttle bay, to be rapidly deployed when engaging with enemies of Colonial Space. I still need to create the pilot for this. I wanted a light force ramming prow to deal with space mines, and an Inubrix rail launcher as the main gun. However for special considerations, I gave it a ghost drive which lets the ship go ethereal for one round, and the Inubrix rail launcher can go ethereal and bypass armor to make more serious attacks. So this is a special craft. Here's the stats.

Ghost Manta Five Tier 6
    Manta class tiny interceptor
    Speed 13; Maneuverability perfect (+2 Piloting, turn 0); Hyperspeed -
    AC 23; TL 31
    HP 30; CT 3; DT 6
    Shields heavy 420 (forward 105, port 105, starboard 105, aft 105)
    Attack (Forward) Inubrix Rail launcher (2d8, linked *Rail 1d8)
    Attack (Forward) Light force ramming prow (-, force field* (20), *Ramming)
    Power Core Pulse Red (175); Hyperdrive none; Systems advanced medium range sensors, consciousness uplink drive, fortified hull (nanocarbon plate), ghost drive, mk 4 armor, mk 14 Horaculcum defenses, t12 Horacalcum thrusters; Expansion Bays none
    Modifiers +2 Piloting, +4 Scans; Complement 1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manta-interceptor.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	130176

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    So I needed to create interceptors to fill the Hammerhead's shuttle bay, to be rapidly deployed when engaging with enemies of Colonial Space. I still need to create the pilot for this. I wanted a light force ramming prow to deal with space mines, and an Inubrix rail launcher as the main gun. However for special considerations, I gave it a ghost drive which lets the ship go ethereal for one round, and the Inubrix rail launcher can go ethereal and bypass armor to make more serious attacks. So this is a special craft. Here's the stats.

Ghost Manta Five Tier 6
    Manta class tiny interceptor
    Speed 13; Maneuverability perfect (+2 Piloting, turn 0); Hyperspeed -
    AC 23; TL 31
    HP 30; CT 3; DT 6
    Shields heavy 420 (forward 105, port 105, starboard 105, aft 105)
    Attack (Forward) Inubrix Rail launcher (2d8, linked *Rail 1d8)
    Attack (Forward) Light force ramming prow (-, force field* (20), *Ramming)
    Power Core Pulse Red (175); Hyperdrive none; Systems advanced medium range sensors, consciousness uplink drive, fortified hull (nanocarbon plate), ghost drive, mk 4 armor, mk 14 Horaculcum defenses, t12 Horacalcum thrusters; Expansion Bays none
    Modifiers +2 Piloting, +4 Scans; Complement 1

Name:	manta-interceptor.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	130176

Ireally like this design..
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks, Wizard509!

Psyching myself up for the upcoming Tech Revolution, and building myself a mecha design. Now I may need to change the weapons array, as I don't know the number, arcs, type of weapons allowed for Starfinder mecha. So going on a guess. I've created an Amphipod Mecha (a long, skinny sand flea, more or less) with a double barreled gun of some kind on one main arm, and a pincer claw for mecha melee attacks. I created a secondary pair of arms with manipulators that can handle things, but not serve as weapons. Hard to see, but under the windshield on the head and kind of covered by one of the small claw hands, an anti-personnel weapon barrel is sticking out. Again, I'll change the weapons array, once I know what I can place on this mecha design... enjoy!

GP

Name:	amphipod-mecha.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	130184

Like this too, hope you guessed correctly.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

So the previous version of this mecha, was too sunny and cheery for the subject matter - wanting a more menacing and moody sensibility, perhaps I went overboard. But it fits many genres: sci-fi, modern, war-torn, post apocalypse, and even cyberpunk perhaps. The Amphipod mecha - a relative of the sand flea, a tiny, nasty looking crustacean. This isn't the Florida variety of sand flea which looks more like a Volkswagon beetle, which I denstined to create a ship basing on. Anyway, happier with this version... enjoy!

Name:	amphipod-mecha-wartorn.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	130190

Well, I've been struggling with this scene for 3 days now, first I was having problems with the included plants/forest on the ground level, it caused my system to crash twice, before I figured out what was wrong. I adjusted the atmosphere, clouds, light direction, light angle, and camera angle. As labeled, this is Nova Lisbon, Man-o-war Station, Tethys II, a small gas giant in the Tethys star system. I've done jellyfish stations before, which is cliche really for sci-fi, but I think this kind is a unique version, I'm not sure, how many others have seen a Portuguese Man-o-war space station before. This is either a space station, or a lighter than Venusian air platform in a heavy atmosphere world... enjoy

Name:	man-o-war.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	130214

Interesting.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Yes the second Amphipod Mecha image looks much more threatening Gameprinter.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

How about adding some wet look? Just a quick make-over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	130216  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg, I may do that....

Keeping on the Sealife in space motif, the Minestar Corporation specializes in asteroid mining throughout Colonial Space using their primary mining vehicle, the huge Minestar Starfish Mining Platform. It's articulated legs can grapple an asteroid to hold itself in place firmly, while cutting lasers, drills, excavating tools beneath the arms work the asteroid for materials, deposits into a conveyor tube that takes raw ore into the ore processor in the hub of the station. It holds around 50 crew miners. It has maneuver drives allowing it to move about a star system, but do not feature jump drives. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	minestar-starfish.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	130217