Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Well these ships are for Dungeons & Dragons Spelljammer ships right? So I need to create at least on of these for flying beast based ships. This is the Drake class mercenary light destroyer (I reclassed the beetle ship to corvette class). This ship is long, but narrow with limited interior space, mostly in the body section. Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drake.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	132643

A thri-kreen operated armed bulk freighter, called the Locust, which is the size of a cruiser class ship. It features 3 trebuches and 3 ballista. The abdomen section is entirely dedicated to bulk cargo. Yes, grasshopper, it is a reaper of grains.

Name:	locust-armed-freighter.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	317.8 KB 
ID:	132648

I still need to add weapons platforms. I adjusted the model last night after rendering, with 3 ballista mounts over the neck and a catapult in the rear top shell. I'll make the adjustments and re-render, but this is the job I've done so for. Now there is a canon Sea Turtle Spelljammer ship that is capable of being a submersible. Well I did my non-canon version based on an Alligator Snapping Turtle shell and head - as it is more scary. Added marine turtle flippers and rendered it.

Name:	snapper.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	132656

The Zhitchaka are a humanoid crustacean race from a planet of shallow tropical seas, as a starfaring race of militant philosophers. They exist within the Kronusverse setting. (I'm currently sidetracked developing a collection of Spelljammer ships, but once done, I'll get back to setting development for Starfinder). This creature uses parts from a 3D insectoid collection by Bernhard Vanderhorst - not my 3D design.

Name:	zhitchaka.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	132663

Another monster illustration, this one I call the Scorpion Spider. It has 10 legs, and unseen at this angle, an earwig's pincer on it's abdomen. I call this the Spider Hole, or why I stopped playing Solo adventures...

GP

Name:	spiderhole.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	132673

It has 10 legs
    I can only count 8 GP.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I can only count 8 GP.
    The abdomen has 6 legs, though at this angle it's hard to see, then the 4 forelimbs - that's 10.

For clarification, this illustration is for my Starfinder setting, not Spelljammer, finding a cluster of small asteroids, gathered and bound together by an intelligent, alien, gargantuan spider (presumably Tiny to Gargantuan, starship scale) and those mean large, humanoid scorpion spider I produced yesterday, is their tiny males of the species. Each queen has dozens of male laborer warriors to protect her. They catch passing small asteroids by placing webbing between it and their nest. Noting, I'm calling this a spider nest, not "the spider nests", as apparently these can be found in asteroids belts, dust clouds and nebula where these giant spiders dwell.

GP

Name:	spider nest.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	132679