Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

The Delphi Clerisy is a theocratic republic, it's not just a religion, so much as a government of a specific religion...?

Do you mean like Torpenhow Hill in England, which is Tor (Saxon for "hill), Pen (Brythonic for "hill"), Howe (Danish for "hill") and Hill, so literally Hill Hill Hill Hill...
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04 July 2022 at 07:15 AM.

Nothing as deep as that GP.
    Clue:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	233.6 KB 
ID:	132334  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

who rules the rulers ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Nothing as deep as that GP.
    Clue:
    Ah, a misspelling!

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    who rules the rulers ?
    Apollo? This is a later rendition of the Oracle of Delphi, which was a temple to Apollo. So who rules the rulers... Apollo, though he might not be real...

ah..... the theocrat's theocrat... a theocrat-crat you migh say....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Maybe this belongs in my map thread as well, but working on maps using this city design, still in 3D, so it still qualifies for this thread...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pythia-topdown.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	132338

Yes, this is for a Starfinder RPG setting I'm currently developing for publication. While much of the map was created 3D, I finish maps, cutting out rooms and corridors, place symbols using Xara Designer Pro as my primary tool.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSomebody View Post
    What game engine do you use, Unreal and or?
    Ah, no, not that kind of game. I create for the tabletop roleplaying game industry, not the video game industry. I worked in the print industry for 30 years, and I create for PDF and print books. I did create all the multi-player maps for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Strategy Guide, but I was commissioned to create the maps only. I'm an illustrator who has become a publisher. I don't play nor design for the video game industry.

So, I'm working on a private commission of a custom Spelljammer shuttle for use for a D&D 5e Spelljammer home game. Spelljammer was originally created in the early 1980's as a bizarro, high fantasy space game and setting. "Space" exists between color portals (the name they use for planets) and is called the "Philostogen". I think it was inspired by Ptolemy's conjecture of the Firmament. There is no air, hence a vaccuum, but there is a gravity plane at the horizontal center of space (?!). Everything above that plane is pulled down with gravity towards the plane, everything beneath the plane does the opposite. There is a kind of wind that blows in Spelljammer space. The other big physics oddity is that everything in space is surrounded by a bubble of air. So ships have open decks like a sailing ship, and since it uses the winds to blow around it has sails. The bubble around a typical ship is breatheable for a week, but you have to replenish the air by entering the atmosphere of a planet. You can even fall off deck and you have an air bubble around you that is breatheable for a few minutes. To add to the oddness of it all, Spelljammer ships tend to resemble some kind of lifeform, some are even alive.

This commission is to create a small Spelljammer ship in the shape of a small hawk, in this case a Sparrowhawk. It has a crew of 12, and 4 state rooms shared in shifts. The ship is about 100 feet long and wide, and has two decks. Notably the lower deck is on the otherside of the gravity plane. So the floor of the top deck is the floor of the bottom deck - odd physics, I know. When it enters a planet, the gravity plane vanishes, so the bottom deck is setup to be used with ceiling as floor once on planet. I have started doing the deck plans, but here are all the 3D exteriors of that ship...

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sparrowhawk.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	132590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sparrowhawk-side.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	132591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sparrowhawk-top.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	132592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sparrowhawk-aft-oblique.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	132593Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sparrowhawk-forward.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	132594