Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

Calling this the KSS Sakura, a Daedalus class armed corporate frigate is lightly armed, though carries a squadron of defense, scout and mercantile boats. This is a flying research facility, and a kind of corporate field office. It is flying through the Kaidan star system which is located inside the Yurei (ghost) Nebula, and why dust fills much of the space between the stars and planets. This ship is currently flying in orbit around the Gas Giant, Jigoku. I wanted to create a large non military ship.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corporate-carrier.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	130418

how goes the Devolver Digital gig ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It hasn't really started and I'm suspicious of this hiring process - it doesn't feel right. I'll play it by ear for a little while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    It hasn't really started and I'm suspicious of this hiring process - it doesn't feel right. I'll play it by ear for a little while longer.
    Good luck whichever way you decide.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

the devil is always in the detail they say....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Kind of ran dry on ideas, but I wanted to do something, even "make work" just to keep designing, while fresh ideas build in my head. So I took that armored samurai model, and my Marathon Colonial Marine fast boat, and put them onto an alien world with shallow seas and oddly angled rock peaking above the waterline, and that is the terrain across the globe.

Name:	search-and-rescue.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	130488

I like this Gameprinter.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Just playing around with some terrain and sky presets, then adding in a flight of Kaidan Imperial Naval Interceptors. Tanto class, with a second flight coming around to follow. They are doing atmosphere flight training and "nap of Earth" flight operations, followed by strafing ground targets as a military exercise.

While the main continent of Kaidan looks very wet and verdant like it was on the Old World (think Japan), before colonial resettlement, western Kaidan is extensive deserts behind the central mountain range causing a rain shadow in the lands west to the sea. Some of the region includes mining operations, an airport, and mostly weapons development corporations, much of the west are flight and artillery ranges, proving grounds and terrain for military exercises.

Name:	tanto-approach.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	130507

I've been getting sidetracked lately, and needed to get back to the Planet Builder project. I think I'm going to rename it the Star System Builder, since the supplement focuses on entire star systems, not simply planets, though keeping the Planet Point system and name. I'm trying to wrap up the map part of the guide, which I'll then "play-test" at the DSC using the rules to create custom star systems and planets. I also need more content one can "purchase" with Planet Points - artificial structures, space ports, etc. I needed a filler illustration showing a starship exploring an alien world, so whipped this up this evening to fill the slot. I'm getting better at playing with the light effects.

Name:	planet-exploration.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	130671

Looking good Gameprinter.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509