Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

I'll get back to 3D art soon again. Since my Dad passed earlier this year (March), it started to set on me, that because I've never had interest in financial numbers, even of my insurance, and investments - I let Dad take care of that, and I ignored it. Well, I decided I needed to learn, so have spent the last 3 months doing a deep, deep dive to understanding (not ever nuance, but the fundamentals at least) of US Tax code, how the Federal Banks work, how the Federal Reserve works, learning how insurance, IRAs, stocks, bonds, funds, precious metals, treasury bills, real estate and fiat currency really work - how do we make money, and how do they make money. What is QE and what did that really do. While I'm now no expert, nor a financier, for the first time I have a really good idea of how the economy functions, or rather dysfunctions. Knowing that the Fed is going to raise interest rates next month. I've decided I need to move some money around, make the family estate safer. Once I got it someplace safer, I'll start creating art once again. I'm just explaining my absence.

Sorry for your loss Gamerprintere, looking forward to seeing your return to art.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Getting back to work on the adventure module I'd been thinking about during the summer. I'm writing a 7th level horror adventure module for the Starfinder Roleplaying Game loosely based on the Circe story from Homer's The Odyssey. Instead of an island, a Rogue Moon is the location (and the name of the module), also called Aeaea, is home to Circe a Lich (undead necromancer). The moon is guarded by Scylla, a mechanoid construct in the shape of a huge octopus. Anyway, a rogue moon enters a developed star system and a science team is sent to explore and study it, also insure it doesn't collide with any bodies in their system. However the ship crash lands and a search and rescue team is being sent to recover the survivors - these are the player characters. Below is an illustration of the adventurers arriving at the crash site, as part of the introduction page to the module...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crash-site-new.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	131171

I like this image.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes, I particularly like the different highlights on the mountains.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

So not new illustrations, yet, having posted most of these, but I have uses for them now... (I'm trying to get out this rut of home issues, and take on a heavy workload).

I am jumping ahead of myself - starting to plan my 2022 publishing schedule, though these might not all fit this, yeat, it's a goal.

The Kronusverse is the default setting used in all Gamer Printshop publications, originally created by T. H. Gulliver in his one-shot horror anthology, Dead in Space. Since then I've been expanding the setting in nearly all of my releases. After having published The Planet Builder supplement last year with tools for creating entire star systems - I'm ready to bring my setting out of the background and into it's own product line.

Mini setting guides include: overview with history, culture, government, technology, resources, factions and unique aspects, of each primary world described (at least 2 per guide). Maps of the entire star system, world maps/sphererical image of primary worlds, mapped locations for large complex and interesting locales, a starship deck plan and illustrations of other ships of the system. Unique weapons, armor, equipment and other items found here. New races and monsters. The full stat block which works like a gazetteer almost.

Having already announced the Gemini Binary Stars as a the first mini setting guide for my new product line. And because I should have an overview guide to the entire Kronusverse setting - I plan to release those simultaneously.

However, I've got 3 more mini-guides I want to do, so created the concept covers for the entire line, so far...

Thoughts?

Name:	2022-gamer-printshop-lineup.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	131559

The concepot covers look good Gameprinter,
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Thanks, as always!

Haven't rendered a 3D image in a while, and needed something to depict the Colonial Navy, so this is the 4th Colonial Fleet on patrol in the Daedalus system. Shown is the Kraken class dreadnought, 4 Hammerhead class battleships, and many packs of Nautilus class medium patrol corvettes. I'm doing the secction on the Colonial Navy in the Kronusverse Guide - and I needed an illustration for it.

Name:	daedalus-fleet.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	131572

I like it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

How about it guys, after those very stylized navy ships, this is probably the practical designed starship I've ever created, and helps explains the mindset differences between the Colonial Navy, and the Colonial Merchant Spacers Guild (think merchant marine). This is the Trireme class CMSG huge bulk freighter. This ship shows a mixed cargo load, as all the cargo holds are external with 4 bays of container assemblies with 32 cargo containers each, 2 gas/liquid containers, and 2 bulk containers. Many ships have just one type, this has all three. Engineering and Tech shop at aft of ship, central corridor connects the the crew areas to the fore of the ship. The weapon platform is on the bottom of the ship with clear lines of sight for all attacking arc. At the top is the pilot house, what merchant spacers call a bridge. At center is the crew areas.

Name:	merchant-bulk-freighter.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	131583
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 25 February 2022 at 05:12 AM.