Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

So far, going to call this a Horrid. Based on a necro-synthetic shapechanging ooze as the main monster in the upcoming Rogue Moon adventure set on Circe's moon, not unlike The Thing or Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Now this isn't all my modeling, the giant monstrous mouth is, but I just deformed and duplicated parts on a Poser model to depict this very creepy thing...

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circe-horrid.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	130301

Are these two different creatures?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The Cheladae hermit crab race is a race.

Posted above is a monstrous horror derived from a necrotic synthetic shapechanging ooze from the asteroid with the starfish ship headed towards it, as well as the mechanical octopus... so two very different things!

After that last illustration, I had to clean my palette, not necessarily of the horror trope, rather working with Poser figures - I'm not good with people, so am forced to use Poser, but never really cared for it. Anyway, I was experimenting on some new atmosphere settings, and came up with this weird, ominous, stormy, brown sky. And most interesting to me, is the play with light, the mountain in the distance is in the light, whereas the mountains in the midground is not, and so dark as if there is little ambiant light, then light peaking again in the foreground. I used a rusty, techno, metal texture on the mountains, just for something different and intentionally alien, it worked. Added the Cheladean crab at the last minute, and decided this must be the Cheladean homeworld. I removed the cybernetic jacks to show the crabs in their natural form, and used a prehistoric fern for a tree, in the distance, and giant mold fungi for the water plants. I needed a nice alien wildlife scene to balance my spirit.

Name:	cheladean-homeworld.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	130339

I like it!!!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

So I decided I needed to create space armor for a Hatamoto, the Shogun's elite samurai guard. This armor emulates 15th century Japanese armor with kabuto helmet and harimakido suit. The kammon (samurai house crest on the chest and on the helmet) is the House of Taira, which is whom I made the Shogun of my Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG), now being updated to Starfinder.

GP

Name:	marian hatamoto.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	130350

So, not wanting to limit the Kaidan Star Empire content to just samurai. This is Kintaro, an ascetic monk, android vanguard has achieved perfect spiritural balance able to levitate above the floor, only in meditation in recovering resolve. Though he is not actually above the water, rather he is using his favorite holo-program, Sunset over Lake Shizukesa. My take on Androids have them with transparent portions of their body showing the technology within. He does this daily for the sake of his sanity.

Name:	monastic lake.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	130373

Mamushi-san, (Pit Viper), a Yakuza Operative 6th level, N. He specializes in Breaking Entry, whether as a hacker or a technician. He has cybernetic parts: an eye allowing him to see ultraviolet/infrared security beams to avoid crossing, focused hearing ear enhancements, a board and chip implanted into his brain under a metal plate on the top of his head, and his left arm which was lost in bomb disarmament attempt when he was young. His father incurred a huge gambling debt prior to his untimely death from illness, Mamushi and his sister were taken as payment by the yakuza to serve them. His sister went from bath house attendant to prostitute in training, but was saved by a wealthy courtesan who was a "true friend" of the yakuza. Those who do "business" with the yakuza usually involve some kind of debt with interest that needs paid, but that is separate from the "cost", which incur additional fees for protection and other "services". If someone can fully pay their debt with interest, and pay the "cost" as well, is released from any obligations and considered a "true friend of the yakuza". Mamushi has earned enough profit to pay for his sister's debt incurred by his father, plus costs for both. However, Mamushi remains an absolute loyal member of the Tsu Hoshi Gumi (Ten Star Syndicate).

Name:	mamushi.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	130381

I like it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Thanks, wizard509! I'm not happy with it. Decided Mamushi looks lonely, so added a female companion readying her sword, another vehicle in the background, a cargo container behind the hover bike, added a texture, highlight, and slight blurred reflection on the ground, so it looks more "wet", finally adding a ground fog to make it look less like a movie set...