Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

So before I get to making two sets of armor for my Colonial Marines, I did have a model of a sci-fi soldier (made by somebody else) that I paid for last year, but never used, so last night I textured it up, built a scene and rendered it - calling it the Colonial Marine in standard kit (unarmored). Now on to some body armor, power armor and a mecha, next... enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marine-standard-kit.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	127157

Finished the power armor, put a micro-singularity generator cannon in her right hand, a circular saw/shotgun glove on her left hand, taking a stroll in search of targets in the city to eliminate... enjoy!

Name:	power-armor-girl.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	127164

I thought I needed one more vehicle for the Colonial Marines supplement for Starfinder RPG. This is the Leonidus class heavy urban assault mech (45 ton), big, but not too big that it won't fit on urban streets. This has a medium pulse laser on it's turret that only targets starships, fortifications, vehicles and mecha, a heavy machine gun under it's belly, that can target soldiers. Two pincer hands to grab and grapple. There's a dust storm as the day is coming to an end for this mecha... enjoy!

Name:	leonidus-mech.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	127186

So yesterday, after checking my email in the morning, I went out to do laundry and when I got back... no internet the rest of the day (some storm knocked it out). So I couldn't upload what I was working on. Well, I finally am able to get online and this was what I did. After writing the fortification and military vehicle "frames" for the combat rules. I created a couple that I hadn't yet designed illustrations of. The first one is the Chelonian class fast amphibious assault submersible - yes, it looks like a giant sea turtle, with no head. What a perfect amphibious vehicle, a sea turtle. You'll notice the hole or dent located below the head lamp - that where water flow into the turbo caterpillar drives that speed this vessel along under the waves. The fins provide maneuvering planes, but you'll notice the glowing parts under the fin - these are gravimetric emitters, so when the vessel reaches the shore, and the fins are out of the water. They become grav emitters that lift the vessel onto the beach, where the nose ramp drops to let Colonial Marines raid the beach... enjoy!

Name:	chelonian.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	127205

I admire your perseverance
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks, Hand-drawn!

It's art I need, that I cannot afford to pay someone else to do, for my current project - there's going to be a lot of art for this project.

Last military vehicles, only because I made a frame for it. I call this the EVA assault platform, which I see as a tiny one-pilot pod you send outside your gargantuan or larger ship to do extra-vehicular activities including repairs, but as a combat vehicle to attack someone trying to board your vessel through ramming, grappling and using cutting torches. If you need a marine outside the ship, instead grav-boot marching them to position, use one of these armed, fast and maneuverable craft with it's own grappling arms to stop latchers-on from any kind of success. The other is a large military vehicle carries a capital weapon, I created about a year ago.. enjoy!

Name:	eva-assault-platform.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	127209

Here's the CICS NAVSOC Marine Transport/Carrier Dreadnought, the Poseidon. CICS is Confederation of Independent Colonies starship, and NAVSOC is Naval Special Operations Command. This ship is nearly 2 miles long, though the bulk of it is weapon systems in front and engines in back with a small middle area where the ship's crew actually operate. 1000 marines are stationed on this ship as well. They can be deployed using the two Agamemnon class dropships, the 4 smaller Achilles drop boats on docked to the Agamemnons, or the two Lander (huge drop pods) on the sides forward of the Agamemnon docks - each drop pod can hold 500 troops, all their vehicles and modular buildings. This is the last view you'd ever want to see as some planet inhabitant, the Poseidon in low orbit over your planet... enjoy!

Name:	poseidon-dreadnought.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	127267