Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: What website features would you like to see in the future?

Is it feasible to add 'Edit Colour' to the Web Animations?

The current list of animations are pretty cool, but sometimes a change of colour/tone is needed for a subtle indication of a link and it would be so much easier than layers or the universal Web Properties option.

Replace NavBar graphics with graphic button with font for button text. Keep text as text.
    Yes, this please. No more blurry img text on navbars. I've kinda gotten used to it and don't mind it so much but some clients still ask for less blurry text in nav. Happy to see this being worked on.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

1) The issue with the new iphone and the screen not fitting properly when the phone is flipped to horizontal or vertical view.
    2) Simple Email form
    3) Fix the image slider so that it does not host the images on xara server but rather on the clients, speeds up the loading and reliability of it. Had many times waiting for images to appear.
    4) What solution does xara have for folding phones of the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Is it feasible to add 'Edit Colour' to the Web Animations?

The current list of animations are pretty cool, but sometimes a change of colour/tone is needed for a subtle indication of a link and it would be so much easier than layers or the universal Web Properties option.

+1

Is it feasible to add 'Edit Colour' to the Web Animations? The current list of animations are pretty cool, but sometimes a change of colour/tone is needed for a subtle indication of a link and it would be so much easier than layers or the universal Web Properties option.
    Do you mean like applying a contone to the object for click/touch or reveal and scroll animations? Is there an example of something you could show me of this in effect?

1) The issue with the new iphone and the screen not fitting properly when the phone is flipped to horizontal or vertical view.
    2) Simple Email form
    3) Fix the image slider so that it does not host the images on xara server but rather on the clients, speeds up the loading and reliability of it. Had many times waiting for images to appear.
    4) What solution does xara have for folding phones of the future?
    1) I'll see what the status of the bug report is but this has been logged with the developers
    2) Yes, see post #6 number 2
    3) Better sliders is on the wishlist.
    4) As far as I'm aware it should just be a case of a change in viewport size to deal with, which Xara already handles.

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks Rob. I guess #4 is tied to #1. Hopefully that is to be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Do you mean like applying a contone to the object for click/touch or reveal and scroll animations? Is there an example of something you could show me of this in effect?
    I was thinking specifically for Mouse Over, but people here have a great imaginations and may think of other uses.

Example: I want to create 3 words 'RED' 'GREEN' and 'BLUE'. I want the text to change to those colours when I mouse over. I can make them bounce, fade and wobble easily using the animation feature. I'd find it very useful to change the colour in the same simple way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I was thinking specifically for Mouse Over, but people here have a great imaginations and may think of other uses.

Example: I want to create 3 words 'RED' 'GREEN' and 'BLUE'. I want the text to change to those colours when I mouse over. I can make them bounce, fade and wobble easily using the animation feature. I'd find it very useful to change the colour in the same simple way.
    You can use the MouseOver layer to do this already, the MouseOver animation is how it animates from the MouseOff state to the MouseOver. Take a look at this and preview:

mouse-over.xar

Thanks
    Rob

It's something I do on a regular basis and thought it could be simpler.

Right click object > web animation > edit colour
    Copy object > show MouseOver layer > open MouseOver layer > paste in place > select both objects > create soft group

The soft group is optional, but you're gonna move that thing as sure as eggs are eggs

Forgot to mention these:
    1) Image tag should be fixed. Right now image name is applied to desktop and not the mobile version.
    2) Push feature should have a default value to be applied to everything created. Avoids us repeating this step for everything.