Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default What website features would you like to see in the future?

We'll be working on some website features shortly and whilst we do have a long document of wanted features and changes (I'm not kidding, it's 14 pages long of requests), I'd like to collate it a bit more into a list of doable features given our development time frame and the amount of requests we get. So I'd like to open up this discussion to the wider audience of TalkGraphics to let us know what sort of things you would like to see in the future. Odds are what you have suggested previously is most certainly on the list but it helps gives us an idea of the priority and demand for features.

Please keep in mind that I'm interested in web features than graphics currently although if they cross over then that's fine also.

Default Re: What website features would you like to see in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    We'll be working on some website features shortly and whilst we do have a long document of wanted features and changes (I'm not kidding, it's 14 pages long of requests), I'd like to collate it a bit more into a list of doable features given our development time frame and the amount of requests we get. So I'd like to open up this discussion to the wider audience of TalkGraphics to let us know what sort of things you would like to see in the future. Odds are what you have suggested previously is most certainly on the list but it helps gives us an idea of the priority and demand for features.

Please keep in mind that I'm interested in web features than graphics currently although if they cross over then that's fine also.
    Xara should make use of face and voice recognition features using the camera and microphone present on many computers and use AI to process the facial expressions of the users, the glint in their eye and the expletives they utter.

Instead of making user troll through the template and tool menus, the camera should follow the user and the software should generate pages accordingly.

For example, the user could say "Hey Xara, I need a photography website that works on any platform", if the user doesn't look happy or expresses corrective phrases such as "No F***N way will I use that", or "I don't want them flowery colours, I want to make my users miserable", then the software will adjust the generated pages to suit and look and listen again.

Naturally, nuanced expressions such as tears will indicate dissatisfaction and the software will then correlate the expression with the users posts on talkgraphics, so multiple expressions of dissatisfaction on TG will tweak the algorithm to generate more tears.

Similarly, element adjustment will voice-controlled. So, once the basic layout is approved (no tears detected) the user will be able to populate and nuance the design. For example, the user might say "Hey Xara, ditch that Lorem ipsum header rubbish and replace it with "Weelcome to my website, press ENTER to continue".

The new system will integrate with Xara cloud, so in the design phase the user can say "Hey, Xara Cloud, don't let the bloomin' users mess with my picture on column 3, give them the finger if they try and change it."

These enhancements will increase uptake of Xara software no end.

Hey Xara, you listening?

Pauland,

We have no plans or intentions to implement... well any of that. Again, I'm only interested in web features currently. Please try to keep the suggestions sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Please try to keep the suggestions sensible.
    If it didn't make you smile, even slightly, then I feel sad about that. TG is a place that needs a few smiles.

Acorn set me on the detachable Window path and the more I thought about it the better it seemed.

1) Detachable Windows so we could, for instance, have one variant on one screen and another on a second or third screen.
    2) In house forms, not a link to an online service, but like CoffeeCup.
    3) A Header and Footer section like Word. Anything in a resizable area would repeat on all pages and be sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    If it didn't make you smile, even slightly, then I feel sad about that. TG is a place that needs a few smiles.
    Ah were you playing? lol I was taking it seriously like... does he really want that? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Acorn set me on the detachable Window path and the more I thought about it the better it seemed.

1) Detachable Windows so we could, for instance, have one variant on one screen and another on a second or third screen.
    2) In house forms, not a link to an online service, but like CoffeeCup.
    3) A Header and Footer section like Word. Anything in a resizable area would repeat on all pages and be sticky.
    1) I'll check on the feasibility on this with the developers. I'm not sure how easy this would be or not.
    2) This is kinda on the list but has been rejected a few times due to the amount of work and ongoing maintenance that would be required. I could suggest a very simple form as starters I suppose.
    3) I think I know what you mean, although you could group everything and then if you want to make a change, simply open and edit the group and apply sticky / stretchy to it.

3) I think I know what you mean, although you could group everything and then if you want to make a change, simply open and edit the group and apply sticky / stretchy to it.
    Yes, this is how I do it currently but I was inspired by the smart photo grids, which can also be replicated, but they work so well and make work faster and easier. I think it would be nice to e able to drop things in the 'zone' to have the item pick up the same attributes as it's fellow zone members, like the photo grids.

I would be happy to see the existing web animation features revisited and an option to reverse an action. e.g. fade in, fade out.

And the UI for web animations really needs to be revisited. Maybe windows so the use can specify a time in seconds instead of trying to figure out the sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I would be happy to see the existing web animation features revisited and an option to reverse an action. e.g. fade in, fade out.

And the UI for web animations really needs to be revisited. Maybe windows so the use can specify a time in seconds instead of trying to figure out the sliders.
    Ya that's high on my list to push for. UI work may be hard to get implemented, especially the preview screen but the animate out I should think be easy.

Lightbulb Re: What website features would you like to see in the future?

Rob, no particular order but others can vote for any as they like.

Acorn#:

1. Replace NavBar graphics with graphic button with font for button text. Keep text as text.
    2. Replace NavBar graphic with CSS shape.
    3. Replace NavBar with CSS3 solution instead.
    4. Add/allow a class of 'layername' to all elements that changes according to the Layer the object is on; possibly selected through Utilities > Names.
    5. Publish Variants to subfolders based on the name of the Variant. In other words, separate the lumping of all Variants into one page HTML file.
    6. Reflect the Page & Layer gallery object name in the Names gallery.
    7. In a Supersite, allow different stretch images as background, based on the page in focus.
    8. Ditto, reflect the correct address for the page in focus.
    9. Retain image filenames as filename="..." in the Names gallery; augment with any transformations or scaling but keep the hard-thought out name.
    10. Allow EXIF information to appear in a drop down for Pop-up Title and Alt and Web Animation Title.
    11. Sort out the fault when adding a Name to text.
    12. Include 'htmlblocktext' as a value in Names.
    13. Render text with a Line width properly. Easy with CSS; do not change the text to an image.
    14. c.f., shadows. Note, while a Line width does not render, its shadow equivalent does.
    15. Lazy-loading for IE9- images. Lazy-loading in general.
    16. A table solution that is screen reader aligned and based on HTML tables.
    17. Usable table export to MS Word.
    18. Correct Preview rendering of pages with a '%' (RFC 3986).
    19. Proper ease-in and ease-out of web animations.
    20. Update failed Widgets: QR Code, WebRSS; general widget review. Publish Widget API.
    21. Reinstatement of Xara Slideshow Widget into v12.
    22. eBook publishing.
    23. Add text along Smart Lines.
    24. Generation of concordance list to allow built-in searching.
    25. General improvements to slideshows to allow editable text; again not images.
    26. Promised CSV data import for tables.
    27. Locking Pages from being published.
    28. Printable output from a website page.
    29. Correct text alignments for justified text vs. SPANs. The WYSIWYG dilemma.
    30. Ditto HTML issues when embedding into Text Inside shapes.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat