Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: What website features would you like to see in the future?

We do have some early concepts for better mobile and main navbars (in line with improving it all generally), including ones that drop down / up or when swiping from the sides to bring up a menu. It's certainly something in the works.

A check box on the Nav Bar for Mobile. Otherwise by default the Nav Bar would have all pages on the primary level.

If Mobile is checked then the buttons would nest under the HOME button.

What website features would you like to see in the future?
    Brave question Rob and some excellent suggestions here already but for me I'd like to see some outstanding issues resolved:

1: Maintenance of personalised UI's between upgrades. (Particularly the right click / menu to set line colour!!!!)
    2: Solving of the problem of the long delay (5 seconds) in opening Utilities / Options window. (And don't even dare to go to the Internet tab)
    3: The Page Shadow option. Page shadow is fine by me on a document but I definitely don't want one on my websites. You can set it to None but the minute you drag & drop a colour onto the page the shadow reappears.
    4: "Filename = xxx" is useless on website variants! We should be able to name images, not use numbers.
    5: Why are we still reliant on XaReg. These features should be inbuilt into current Xara programs.

There's obviously more but the issues above remain unresolved
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 10 March 2019 at 04:56 AM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Brave question Rob and some excellent suggestions here already but for me I'd like to see some outstanding issues resolved:

1: Maintenance of personalised UI's between upgrades. (Particularly the right click / menu to set line colour!!!!)
    2: Solving of the problem of the long delay (5 seconds) in opening Utilities / Options window. (And don't even dare to go to the Internet tab)
    3: The Page Shadow option. Page shadow is fine by me on a document but I definitely don't want one on my websites. You can set it to None but the minute you drag & drop a colour onto the page the shadow reappears.
    4: "Filename = xxx" is useless on website variants! We should be able to name images, not use numbers.
    5: Why are we still reliant on XaReg. These features should be inbuilt into current Xara programs.

There's obviously more but the issues above remain unresolved
    1) Yea I think this has been suggested and a report has been made, will take a look where this is at.
    2) I can ask about it, I didn't realise it took you 5 secs to open up the options dialog. It loads in about a second for me.
    3) I'm sure this is logged somewhere, I'll take a look and see if it can be pushed higher.
    4) I think this is mentioned earlier as part of the SEO improvements.
    5) Which settings in particular are you referring to?

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    1) Yea I think this has been suggested and a report has been made, will take a look where this is at.
    Out of the blue last night, when I tried to invoke the Online Conent catalogue, if failed demanding the Local Designs gallery had to be activated. It already was and I could only rest my Control Bars to get it back again. Any mechanism to save and load UI set-ups will be appreciated.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I believe you can save out bar settings from the registry and reload... but that is clunky.... and this is a much requested feature
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I've reported this slow loading on my previous computer. I was hoping it wouldn't be present on this newer one but it still is. A 5 to 7 second delay can really slow down your work

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I beg you. The coding on this is easy as pie for you guys. When viewing in the browser, let us choose which browser opens up and not the (Xara Designer Pro X - Internet Explorer Preview) Internet Explorer is no longer supported, chrome is the most used browser, plus if you give users the option of choosing their own browser in the settings this would help us all. Tired of closing additional windows.

1. Local Design Gallery download page that INSTALLS without the need to connect to XARA to load every time the program opens.
    2. Projects created with older versions will open seamlessly in new version.
    3. Well designed Built in contact form feature.

John